Stompgrip vs rearsets for a broke short rider?

RHill

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Guess you know it all. The seat isn't doing much to keep you on. The force isn't straight into the seat. I use my legs to hold on and don't get tired. This is what's taught in all of the top level schools.

oh so you've been to all the "top level" schools have you.

show me that they teach that.

the force...INERTIA...is holding your ass on the bike. show me you using your inner leg on a stationary object to hold your whole bodyweight up. go try it sometime and let me see you do it over and over again the length of time you ride around the track. I bet you're underestimating how much you're using the seat to hold up your body.

there's 0 reason you should be pushing down with your legs on the pegs or gripping the tank with them at a lean. we're not talking about when you stand the bike up and accelerate out of the corner and grip the tank with your legs.

want to see what mladin says about schools?

also pause the video at 1:34 and tell me his knee is being used against the tank.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksIOaYAeFqA&feature=player_embedded

Edited by serpentracer

His leg is. The legs keep the weight off the hands. If you think you can do this without your legs, you can't. Your still putting weight on the bars, the most common cause of sliding and losing the front. The legs and core hold the upper body off the bars plain and simple.

His leg is. The legs keep the weight off the hands. If you think you can do this without your legs, you can't. Your still putting weight on the bars, the most common cause of sliding and losing the front. The legs and core hold the upper body off the bars plain and simple.

really because I've never slid the front in a corner i wasn't over braking in. and that was only once. and um I can leg go of the bars while sitting on the seat leaned over in a corner.

I'm through, you being the minority of not using your legs (which I can see your leg on the tank and I would bet you are using your leg in that nice cut out provided the the motorcycle company) has to be right. I have talked to plenty of AMA guys that use the tank, that's more than enough for me.

really because I've never slid the front in a corner i wasn't over braking in. and that was only once. and um I can leg go of the bars while sitting on the seat leaned over in a corner.

So you are saying you use you legs and core? You're waffling a little bit now. Because if you just let inertia have its way you'd be laying on the tank.

oh so you've been to all the "top level" schools have you.

show me that they teach that.

the force...INERTIA...is holding your ass on the bike. show me you using your inner leg on a stationary object to hold your whole bodyweight up. go try it sometime and let me see you do it over and over again the length of time you ride around the track. I bet you're underestimating how much you're using the seat to hold up your body.

there's 0 reason you should be pushing down with your legs on the pegs or gripping the tank with them at a lean. we're not talking about when you stand the bike up and accelerate out of the corner and grip the tank with your legs.

want to see what mladin says about schools?

also pause the video at 1:34 and tell me his knee is being used against the tank.

Craig why don't you ask this dude how he plans on lowering bike/rider combined center of gravity ???? Wait .....Nevermind he's obviously so smart he knows ya gotta lower your upper body down and inside the bike to do so even though his picture doesn't show it . Here's another idea Craig . Ask him how many appendages the human body has . No wait don't I'm sure our scholar already knows its four . Ok Craig I've got it !! If he were to lower his upper body down and in as opposed to his picture perhaps he would have an opportunity to hold onto the bike with one or two of these four appendages we all have.

Then again perhaps our highly intellectual friend wishes to remain crossed up on the bike in opposition to his vast amount of knowledge that tells him lowering combined center of gravity equals less lean angle for a given speed.

Yea that's about it. The legs allow you to lower the center of gravity which I would assume is the point of moving off the bike to begin with. Apparently to some an ass cheek weighs more than a torso so there is no need to move the torso. I would also guess that this body that is shifted off will need a solid base of some sort, the legs would be a horrible choice for that.

Yea that's about it. The legs allow you to lower the center of gravity which I would assume is the point of moving off the bike to begin with. Apparently to some an ass cheek weighs more than a torso so there is no need to move the torso. I would also guess that this body that is shifted off will need a solid base of some sort, the legs would be a horrible choice for that.

Craig ur a dbag !!! I walk around all day on my hands cuz my upper body is sooo designed to support all my weight . Furthermore my lone ass cheek out weighs my torso by like 100 pounds . This theory you have is preposterous. I mean really ! Why would I want my lower body to be stable on the bike ??? Next you will be tellin me if I don't use my hands to support my weight I will be able to feel what the front tire is doin or maybe even allow the front wheel to track on its own

Your right. I will just do a split in every corner so my legs don't touch. I mean it's not like 3-4 lbs on the bars would be overly noticeable to the rider and the forks don't mind. Hell I think I'm going to fill in the cutouts on my gas tank to avoid using all thatengineered design work.

Your right. I will just do a split in every corner so my legs don't touch. I mean it's not like 3-4 lbs on the bars would be overly noticeable to the rider and the forks don't mind. Hell I think I'm going to fill in the cutouts on my gas tank to avoid using all thatengineered design work.

Do it up. Mine are incapable of touching do to the kind of bike I ride and I do just fine, haven't fell off yet. I ride in A and turn 1:19's at putnam on a bone stock sport touring bike.

6254203918_3aff0f8aa9.jpg

Edited by ped

Do it up. Mine are incapable of touching do to the kind of bike I ride and I do just fine, haven't fell off yet. I ride in A and turn 1:19's at putnam on a bone stock sport touring bike.

6254203918_3aff0f8aa9.jpg

Ya see Craig you are a dbag!!!! This guy can't even get his knee to contact the bike with his outside knee in the cut out on the gas tank cuz its totally not designed for that . I know I know Craig your gonna tell me a Cali sbk coach has the same bike and uses his legs to stabilize his lower body but you're an idiot !!

Your leg never touches the tank?

Nope. My knee never touches the side of the tank either. At worst my thigh is parallel with the backside of it, but often not even touching on the track as I sit back on the seat. There is virtually no way for me to hold on with my leg. I just sit on the seat and counter-steer.

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about, frankly. I thought stomp grip was for squeezing the tank when braking hard to reduce fatigue.

Edited by ped

Ya see Craig you are a dbag!!!! This guy can't even get his knee to contact the bike with his outside knee in the cut out on the gas tank cuz its totally not designed for that . I know I know Craig your gonna tell me a Cali sbk coach has the same bike and uses his legs to stabilize his lower body but you're an idiot !!

Great....that's his style. I have stock pegs and am somewhat shorter. I literally cannot do it if I tried. Throws your theory out the window......

Edited by ped

Why does everyone assume because the knee isn't touching the leg isn't doing anything. Stompgrip is to aid in stability while cornering. Is the outside leg holding me on the bike, no not really until you hit a bump mid corner. The leg is used to provide a stable platform. I personally use from my knee to about 6"back. Is this the absolute way it must be done, no the placement isn't as important as the use of it. Without using the legs you will never fair well at a track with a lot off bumps.

Great....that's his style. I have stock pegs and am somewhat shorter. Can't do it.

Might want to crack a book sometime.

Ummmmmm ...........No that's not his style its how all Cali sbk coaches ride even Joe who is a tiny little short dude . The only way it would be an impossibility is if you had no legs at all .

Why does everyone assume because the knee isn't touching the leg isn't doing anything. Stompgrip is to aid in stability while cornering. Is the outside leg holding me on the bike, no not really until you hit a bump mid corner. The leg is used to provide a stable platform. I personally use from my knee to about 6"back. Is this the absolute way it must be done, no the placement isn't as important as the use of it. Without using the legs you will never fair well at a track with a lot off bumps.

Whatever works for you. But I have logged over 50K miles I'm quit certain at this point my leg isn't doing anything. Except maybe adding area for the friction on my seat or something. Definitely not holding on with it or even tightening the muscles at all.

Ummmmmm ...........No that's not his style its how all Cali sbk coaches ride even Joe who is a tiny little short dude . The only way it would be an impossibility is if you had no legs at all .

No....you would know over me......

Edited by ped

Whatever works for you. But I have logged over 50K miles I'm quit certain at this point my leg isn't doing anything. Except maybe adding area for the friction on my seat or something. Definitely not holding on with it or even tightening the muscles at all.

No....you would know over me......

Look at your picture . Is your foot touching the foot peg ???? Yes it is ! You have said ya thought stomp grip was for breaking. I'm assuming your squeezing the tank w ur legs under breaking???? Well then its quite similar while cornering . Instead of using both legs as u do when breaking you're using your outside leg .