my track bike build

candybluzx6

Ya Craig, stoping be such a tool shed and get your sponsor stickers on.

Craig said the same thing about the pirelli's sidewalls when braking/turning in. That is the 1 thing I love about the Cup V fronts, and with raising my triple up/lower my forks at Jennings, I definitely noticed a stability improvement on my GSXR and didn't even add fork cap extenders yet.

PS - I am awesome, the end.

Ya Craig, stoping be such a tool shed and get your sponsor stickers on.

Craig said the same thing about the pirelli's sidewalls when braking/turning in. That is the 1 thing I love about the Cup V fronts, and with raising my triple up/lower my forks at Jennings, I definitely noticed a stability improvement on my GSXR and didn't even add fork cap extenders yet.

PS - I am awesome, the end.

You went flush with the top triple then?

I see the dunlops for 344 at race tire service ( slick or dot) i cant find the Pirellis fo under 390

Does that include shipping? And then you'll have to pay to have them mounted/balanced unless you can do it yourself.

I don't recall seeing the Dunlop truck at the track at all last year? Does Todd sell them as well as Pirelli's?

You went flush with the top triple then?

Yup, and dude, the difference was unreal, Brandon and Jinu helped with it, and really made a big tip in/steady ride through the turn. Gixxie750 even mentioned planing down the upper triple a little to help more vs. getting cap extenders.

I still need to figure out suspension and if Im going to just get heavier springs front/rear to accomodate my weight or see how it goes. Shaving 6 seconds down there really helped my confidence for where I am with the current setup. But I have to get a new rear swingarm with spools, cannot move bike without them anymore, drives me nuts.

And yep trackside Pirelli's from Todd = best deal for fastest tires.

Yup, and dude, the difference was unreal, Brandon and Jinu helped with it, and really made a big tip in/steady ride through the turn. Gixxie750 even mentioned planing down the upper triple a little to help more vs. getting cap extenders.

I still need to figure out suspension and if Im going to just get heavier springs front/rear to accomodate my weight or see how it goes. Shaving 6 seconds down there really helped my confidence for where I am with the current setup. But I have to get a new rear swingarm with spools, cannot move bike without them anymore, drives me nuts.

And yep trackside Pirelli's from Todd = best deal for fastest tires.

That's cool !

I was thinking about going flush on my 02 750 and adding shims to the rear shock mount to raise both ends evenly.

Ive already made a bunch of rear shims,just not sure how much I want to add yet.

Todd sells both for 340

Good to know. The new bike has Dunlop GPA's that came on it with lots of life left in them, as long as the guy didn't heat cycle them out by street riding on them. Should give me a chance to compare those to the Pirelli's and decide which I like better.

SLICKS are never for the "slower group". You have to keep heat in those to get any life out of them. I remember last year dude was running slicks on his RC51 at Putnam, thing was shagged so bad after 2 sessions they told him it wasn't even safe. He was running about mid Int pace at best and it was GONE. Said it was brand new that AM and spent a ton on it.

If you aren't running Adv times slicks just don't make sense to me at all. You need like Q2's, the new Mich tires that just came out, Stones(whatever series they would be), or Pirelli tires. Probably don't need race tires yet if you aren't outrunning your Q2's. Those are good tires, KTM's even rode them at the orange ride thing at Mid O last few years and were great.