iPhone 5

Scruit

At one point during that first day of pre-orders they were saying that Verizon's "Expected Delivery Date" quietly became a "Earliest possible shit date, but don't hold us to it", and they a Verizon guy admitted that after a certain time cutoff people were being put into a "second shipment" batch.

I don't know when that cutoff was.

Hope you get your phone Friday! If your individual email confirmation is worded like 'Will deliver by" or something positive like that then you're probably in luck. Hopefully it's not "Delivery estimated" or something non-specific. (Fedex's "Estimated Delivery" is pretty reliable, but if Verizon says; "Estimated" then there's more wiggle room)

Anyone here work for UPS or Fedex and can explain if there is any solid legal ground to deny a package that has arrived at the recipient's hub prior to the "Scheduled Delivery date"?

I know they are not supposed to release the iP5 until the 21st but I know that some will arrive at the hub and be delayed until the scheduled date. My question is, what is to stop the recipient going down there and picking it up early? Woudl they have any legal right demand it early? Does the package not legally become my property until delivered? is there a contractual obligation between fedex and Apple that overrides the fact that I own the device you are holding on to?

Not planning on doing this as my iP5 will arrive just in time, but I'm wondering what's stopping people like MT just picking theirs up early if they arrive early.

but I'm wondering what's stopping people like MT just picking theirs up early if they arrive early.

Mostly the fact that I'm not hard up for the phone and the fact that I am lazy. I really could care less when it gets here...... as long as its before my Droid quits all together

They will not release it early I tried with my daughters iphone 4s

I know they don't WANT to, and they may even have a contractual obligation to keep it until a given date - I'm just wondering what the LEGAL basis for that is. I paid for it, it's mine. Unless they can show some contractual obligation i didn't know I agreed to that the ownership of the device does not transfer to me until a given date and time...

I know most here aren't in Cinci but AT&T announced the availability of 4G LTE in Cinci today- Yay! Just in time for the iP5

http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=23377&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=35399&mapcode=mk-att-wireless-networks|wireless

4G = not too bad...:fuckyeah:

picture.php?albumid=1460&pictureid=16581

not as good as work, though.

picture.php?albumid=1460&pictureid=16582

Edited by jblosser

I actually got a Mac before I got an iPod, and then soon after became a AAPL shareholder (when the shares were under $80). I just updated my iPod Touch to IOS6 and it's awesome! Also, if anyone has a Roku, the Roku iOS app had quite a significant update recently.

My contract is up with Sprint, so I'm waiting to see if Windows 8 phone (I also have a pc) versus iPhone 5, before I upgrade.

Edited by alienpi

I actually got a Mac before I got an iPod, and then soon after became a AAPL shareholder (when the shares were under $80). I just updated my iPod Touch to IOS6 and it's awesome! Also, if anyone has a Roku, the Roku iOS app had quite a significant update recently.

My contract is up with Sprint, so I'm waiting to see if Windows 8 phone (I also have a pc) versus iPhone 5, before I upgrade.

:cry: I wish I would have bought more shares when it was around $90 not a bad investment for a 16 year old kid though :D

I know they don't WANT to, and they may even have a contractual obligation to keep it until a given date - I'm just wondering what the LEGAL basis for that is. I paid for it, it's mine. Unless they can show some contractual obligation i didn't know I agreed to that the ownership of the device does not transfer to me until a given date and time...

I don't know I didn't argue with them they just said they weren't allowed to release it to me.

Its a PHONE. :nono: