iPhone 5

Scruit

Ok I will bite, seen any of them in stores for the I5?

Haven't looked to be honest, just stating my opinion of otterbox.

Gen, I had mine fall from my hip and the plastic broke and then wouldn work with the clip anymore. The fact that my naked 4S can fall off my bike going 70mph and slide across traffic an fare better than the otterbox did falling from my hip says something. Could I have gotten a bad one? Sure but this griffin case has proven itself for me, with me throwing it down the street and nothing happening to it.

Interested to know how these work out. I've been watching monoprice to see when they get them.

Do not buy third party cables yet...ones on eBay have been pulled because they are burning out any phones attached. Apparently these are a bit more sophisticated than previous cables...

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/09/25/apples-lightning-connector-uses-adaptive-technology-to-dynamically-assign-pin-functions/

I got an email from the ebay guy who sold me my spare cables (pre-ordered, didn't ship yet) that the sale was cancelled/refunded because; "My supplier confirmed that these cables do not have the authenticator chip on them that Apple's cables have, and therefore won't work on your phone."

I can say I am not wowed. I expected more. There are many things I like much better on my Droid and so far only found 2 things I like better on this I5. That being said though I will also be fair and say I still don't know everything about this phone and have not spent much time on it so my opinion may change as I learn the phone but as of right now...... I like my Droid better

I can say I am not wowed. I expected more. There are many things I like much better on my Droid and so far only found 2 things I like better on this I5. That being said though I will also be fair and say I still don't know everything about this phone and have not spent much time on it so my opinion may change as I learn the phone but as of right now...... I like my Droid better

I had the same reaction when I got the IP4...

it's nice, it works, but the droid 1 I had just seemed to work better at so many things. If it hadn't gotten stolen I'd probably still have it.

The only reason I even got the IP4 was because the droid X2 was SUCH a POS, that I couldn't handle it.

Ended up selling it to my Heather for what gazelle was paying at the time, and bought the droid 4... very pleased with it, all except the battery life.

I will update in February when I'm due. I don't get why people want to pay full price when you get a discount on your upgrade date.

I hate how Apple makes you use all "I" crap, like tunes, etc......

I want that new Galaxy, looks badass.

Wait until your S3 goes to an infected website and http://www.zdnet.com/samsung-galaxy-s3-vulnerable-to-remote-malicious-reset-7000004771/factory resets before your very eyes... :wtf:

There's nothing I can't do on the iP5 that I could do on my DroidX.

And I have VPN connections to home / work, integration with my home CCTV system, vehicle theft recovery systems for my cars etc.

The S3 may be spectacular, sure, but my DroidX soured android for me. Hardware problems, software problems, daily reboots and/or crashes, apps that hate each other etc. I have to keep uninstalling and reinstalling FB so I could post pictures to FB from my gallery - every month or so it would star telling me my login was bad until I reinstalled. Photobucket was the same.

Wait until your S3 goes to an infected website and http://www.zdnet.com/samsung-galaxy-s3-vulnerable-to-remote-malicious-reset-7000004771/factory resets before your very eyes... :wtf:

You have saddened me. I may have to check out IP5 in February when I update. I have the DroidX2 now for 1.75 years and after 1 year the "home" button stopped working and it turns off a lot by it self. :(

There's nothing I can't do on the iP5 that I could do on my DroidX.

And I have VPN connections to home / work, integration with my home CCTV system, vehicle theft recovery systems for my cars etc.

The S3 may be spectacular, sure, but my DroidX soured android for me. Hardware problems, software problems, daily reboots and/or crashes, apps that hate each other etc. I have to keep uninstalling and reinstalling FB so I could post pictures to FB from my gallery - every month or so it would star telling me my login was bad until I reinstalled. Photobucket was the same.

You have saddened me. I may have to check out IP5 in February when I update. I have the DroidX2 now for 1.75 years and after 1 year the "home" button stopped working and it turns off a lot by it self. :(

Sounds like a problem with Motorola, not with Android. Not that I'm biased or anything :D

tests are not looking good for the iphone5 for browsing the web and talking on the phone.

it's crashing the maps guide if someone calls you too.

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/science_tech/consumer-reports-says-you-cant-talk-and-browse-the-internet-on-verizon--sprint-iphone-5

It was known this wouldn't work before the phone came out. No Need for any tests to verify what Verizon and apple already said wouldn't work. Lol

Can you browse and talk at the same time on Verizon? I thought the answer was already no. One carrier lets you do that but it's no Verizon, unless that supposedly changed...

I can talk and browse at the same time on Verizon. But I have the Galaxy Nexus. I believe you need to have a LTE device to do that on Big Red. Please excuse me if this is an IPhone only thread, I didn't read anything but this page...