Two Down in Sharronville

jester3681

I don't know the people involved, but maybe the "no helmet " headline is just to make you think next time you ride? I have not noticed, but when car accidents are reported, is there usually a comment about the driver wearing a seat belt or airbags deployed?

I don't know the people involved, but maybe the "no helmet " headline is just to make you think next time you ride? I have not noticed, but when car accidents are reported, is there usually a comment about the driver wearing a seat belt or airbags deployed?

I've noticed them getting better about listing no seatbelts in fatalities. Usually it's something along the lines of "driver was elected from car and flew 100 feet before hitting guard rail - no seatbelt was worn."

If you don't wear a helmet your head probably isn't worth protecting.

I'm with you on this. It's sad as can be when a rider passes, but no helmet is self inflicted stupidity. I prefer to live like tomorrow will come and I've not missed one tomorrow yet.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

I've said it before and I'll say it again.... "Anyone who doesn't wear a helmet has nothing up there worth protecting."

have you ever overheard the converstations of people that don't wear a helmet?

they almost always justify it by saying it will cause injuries. like snapping your neck etc. I can't help to not roll my eyes at them.

have you ever overheard the converstations of people that don't wear a helmet?

they almost always justify it by saying it will cause injuries. like snapping your neck etc. I can't help to not roll my eyes at them.

I've had a guy tell me he doesn't wear gear because he has wrecked over a dozen times and never been seriously hurt therefore he doesn't need it. :nono:

I have heard the arguments against helmets, just as I've heard arguments against seatbelts. At the end of the day I support it as a personal choice as long as I don't wind up paying for in higher insurance premiums (or wasting the money of a national health service).

So if someone wants to ride without a helmet, drive without a seatbelt, smoke or engage in any other behaviors that are risky then that's their choice; but don't expect me to celebrate or evangelize that behavior.

I've had a guy tell me he doesn't wear gear because he has wrecked over a dozen times and never been seriously hurt therefore he doesn't need it. :nono:

I have heard the arguments against helmets, just as I've heard arguments against seatbelts. At the end of the day I support it as a personal choice as long as I don't wind up paying for in higher insurance premiums (or wasting the money of a national health service).

So if someone wants to ride without a helmet, drive without a seatbelt, smoke or engage in any other behaviors that are risky then that's their choice; but don't expect me to celebrate or evangelize that behavior.

THIS +1000

I don't want big brother telling me what to do. including when to wear a helmet or seat belt. With that said, i ALWAYS were a helmet and seat belts, but that is my choice.