Riding to Deal's Gap / TN April 25-27

Earache

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we're meeting Thursday at 1p? I thought we were going Friday the 25th?

We're heading down on Thursday, April 24th. But no problem at all if you don't get there until Friday afternoon. Sorry about any confusion - I porbably screwed up the dates somewhere in the thread.

Whatever, come for all of the days that you can!

edit: I posted on the opening page "April 25th " and I just edited it to the 24th.

On an April 3rd post, I said "April 24th" - so my fault, sorry about that. Gotta look at a calendar when I type shit!

Two from Indy (one is trailering down on Friday) and three from Chicago. Might be 1-2 more, but we can't count on them for sure.

Sweet. Well, right now it looks like e-flores and I, and probably a buddy from work. We'll be sharing a room which I'm booking tomorrow. We'll be meeting with you guys in KY on Thursday at 1p.

Which bike are you riding again? I know I asked but can't remember.

The ST ain;t fast by any stretch, but I can haul all of the luggage for everyone else and it is comfy as shit.

Neither Ducati is ready to roll yet. Might have the Sport 1000 done by then, but it's both too uncomfortable and unreliable to ride that far. Same for the 996.

The ST ain;t fast by any stretch, but I can haul all of the luggage for everyone else and it is comfy as shit.

Neither Ducati is ready to roll yet. Might have the Sport 1000 done by then, but it's both too uncomfortable and unreliable to ride that far. Same for the 996.

I'm trying to decide, do I want to take the 10 or the 600rr? Neither are comfortable, and neither can carry much luggage. The 10 obviously has much more power, but the 600rr gets way better gas mileage...

We'll be meeting with you guys in KY on Thursday at 1p.

I'll try my best to be there at 1:00 PM - but as I have to wait on the Chicago guys to get here first, I have no real control over what time we leave.

It takes me right at 4 hours to get there and we plan to leave Indy at 9:00 (thus the 1:00 PM arrival time). If all goes well, we'll be there.

If not, there's a Taco Bell, McDonalds and a Gold Star Chili next to the Shell station at this exit. In the Shell there's a Wendy's. So hang tight, get some lunch and park your bikes where we can see'em and wait a bit for us.

I have your cell number still and will call if we're going to be very late.

Eric

My bike would fail the inspection they give you when you take your test, with my flush mounts and all.

my signals arent flush mount, but they definitely arent DOT approved, and they passed me. hell, my horn BARELY worked and they told me to just get it fixed. dude was pretty cool.

question, is there a place to get tires down there or am i going to have to buy them now. i just got back from ridding and i knew my rear was bad but its more on the lines of questionable now. i dont want to destroy a brand new set with three hours of highway ridding one way. im trying to minamize the damage of the middle of the tire.

question, is there a place to get tires down there or am i going to have to buy them now. i just got back from ridding and i knew my rear was bad but its more on the lines of questionable now. i dont want to destroy a brand new set with three hours of highway ridding one way. im trying to minamize the damage of the middle of the tire.

I just bought a set of tires today actually. I'd buy them now so they'll be broke in before hitting the twisties too hard. Just my two cents.

I just bought a set of tires today actually. I'd buy them now so they'll be broke in before hitting the twisties too hard. Just my two cents.

yeah thats what i figured... just ordered a set of bridg. bt002's got a heck of a deal on them and i am now happy, just need to buy a back pack to hold everything...

The weather isn't looking so promising, but as we all know it'll probably change. But right now they're calling for rain Friday and Saturday.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USTN0005?from=36hr_topnav_undeclared

It was completely different a day or two ago. And it'll be completely different 2 or 3 more times before we go.:D

But if the day before we leave it shows 90% chance fo rain, we can cancel it if you want to.

It almost always says 30% chance down there. That small amount won't scare me off at all. But if it gets up over 80% then it's a different story.

There's a Honda dealer in ALcoa - about 2 miles from the hotel. Probably won't have the exact tire you want and it'll probably cost a bit more.

There's a Honda dealer in ALcoa - about 2 miles from the hotel. Probably won't have the exact tire you want and it'll probably cost a bit more.

thanks for the info. but just put the order in for a new set, the tires are getting here monday and i am going to slap the on tues, ride on them for a while and then im good to go.

oh btw i may split away from the group on sat. for a while i have some friends that live about 2 hours away and i may pay them a visit. not 100% sure though.

thanks for the info. but just put the order in for a new set, the tires are getting here monday and i am going to slap the on tues, ride on them for a while and then im good to go.

oh btw i may split away from the group on sat. for a while i have some friends that live about 2 hours away and i may pay them a visit. not 100% sure though.

Where do they live - what town?

And don't feel like you have to stay with the "group" - ride where , when and how fast you want to!

If we ride all the way to Highlands, NC - which I'd like to do - Greenville is just a little bit past that. You could continue on to there and then meet us later that night for beers, etc.

I was actually thinking the same thing for Sunday. When everybody heads home, I think I'm going to take a detour through Nashville and visit some friends.

Looks like the final count will be four guys from Chicago and two from Indy. We're all going to ride the entire way. Chicago guys are leaving at 4:00 AM to make it to Lexington by 1:00 PM. Can't say I'm jealous of that boring assed ride at all.

Just a week away. Pray for dry weather!!!