Ohio Basic Riders Course

ChiefScooter

Wife and I managed to walk into the course tonight, along with 3 other gentlemen. We may be getting some new members on the site, I dropped the name!

Another guy was looking at buying an old Honda Rebel, and asked if I knew any good motorcycle mechanics. You bet I dropped Shop Dog Cycles' name! ;)

I wonder, is it the same course that is taught by the MSF for $200+? The $25 price tag is awesome.

It is the same. The 25 dollar ones are at state sponsored schools. The state picks up the other part of it. So for example in Cleveland if you go to State 8 it is 200(i thought 300) bucks and if you go to Polaris it is 25. Only difference is the cost to you. Exact same course, same training for the instructors...everything is the same.

I wasn't really a "new" rider this summer, but I took it and it was the easiest way to get my endorsement! And *cough* i sorta guess i learned something... maybe a lot of things, actually! This course is great!

Ehhh, it was just reminding you not teaching you.......:D