FS/T 2011 ninja 250R SE

Exarch

Just read all the posts, thanks for the support guys and gals. As for the people against me I updated my first post with real prices, not made up prices like some people that did no research decided to post up just because they don't like me or the 250r or they just wanted to troll or stir up trouble or whatever the case may be :dunno:

Just read all the posts, thanks for the support guys and gals. As for the people against me I updated my first post with real prices, not made up prices like some people that did no research decided to post up just because they don't like me or the 250r or they just wanted to troll or stir up trouble or whatever the case may be :dunno:

Well, since you are obviously shooting that towards me and with the less than $800 comment you made, here's the drill...

$3k is much more reasonable and EXACTLY where I suggested you start at. So, you can jab, talk out the side of your mouth or whatever you want. You are starting where I suggested and will most likely get more attention because of it.

I know a few on here like to think I am a dick and act like I am an expert, but the bottom line is I see this shit everyday and not doing something on the side in this industry. I live it, breath it and work within it.

Say whatever it is that you need to say, but $3k is much more reasonable and will most likely work for you. And, shows the $1500 of bolt ons are worth nothing more than stock. In fact, you bolt everything else stock back on and keep the seat cowl and it will probably sell quicker... Especially a new rider who has a parent or someone similar helping them when you start that thing up... The stock exhaust and components shows you didn't mod anything and leaves a customer feeling more secure in purchasing something non modified...

Anyways, carry on. New price makes sense... Who's the expert now, Hobs?

(That was for Mad as he wants drama...:D)

That would be a bummer for the 250 race class.

The thing is, Craig - they are going to have to allow the 250 class to bring in the 300 and possible some single cylinder machines. Reason being if they kill the new Ninja from competing, they kill any hopes of contingency (which wasn't there anyways) and also any chance that the class grows as if you only allow older bikes and the newest, freshest CBR 250 that comes out (If they make changes, but keep the engine size), you then effectively create a CBR Cup and that's it.

I think they need to adopt rules to cover the new 300. Make it a 300 Production rule package with no mods or something. Allow bigger changes in the 250 class or allow it in a ESB class where CC limits are raised and if ESS still exists, it would not be allowed. At least allows the new Ninja to be raced...

I think it is progress and needs to be accepted. Otherwise these small cc bikes are going to not be raced.

But, also understand that Kawi could care less about racing it as the 250 was the #1 selling unit in Kawasaki's lineup. They sell more to street riders than racers so, it was less as to how it will cause issue with racing and what the general public wanted in a bike... 300 seems to be a better idea in my opinion and with our new 390 Duke coming soon, the 250 mentality is going to get a boost to maybe higher cc's...

Well, since you are obviously shooting that towards me and with the less than $800 comment you made, here's the drill...

$3k is much more reasonable and EXACTLY where I suggested you start at. So, you can jab, talk out the side of your mouth or whatever you want. You are starting where I suggested and will most likely get more attention because of it.

I know a few on here like to think I am a dick and act like I am an expert, but the bottom line is I see this shit everyday and not doing something on the side in this industry. I live it, breath it and work within it.

Say whatever it is that you need to say, but $3k is much more reasonable and will most likely work for you. And, shows the $1500 of bolt ons are worth nothing more than stock. In fact, you bolt everything else stock back on and keep the seat cowl and it will probably sell quicker... Especially a new rider who has a parent or someone similar helping them when you start that thing up... The stock exhaust and components shows you didn't mod anything and leaves a customer feeling more secure in purchasing something non modified...

Wait, you expert, on what? Motorcycles? No way, I never knew you rode or had any useful knowledge on buying/selling, or the industry. Maybe I had you confused with R1 or Blue, they are both DBs, much unlike you or myself.

I love OR, because I am an internet BadA**. Really, I love everyone on here though.

Wait, you expert, on what? Motorcycles? No way, I never knew you rode or had any useful knowledge on buying/selling, or the industry. Maybe I had you confused with R1 or Blue, they are both DBs, much unlike you or myself.

I love OR, because I am an internet BadA**. Really, I love everyone on here though.

No, no... Not an expert at all. Well, OK, I am an expert at peeling paint off slower riders running around a track apparently acting like they are looking for an exit with a McDonalds. :p

Nah, it's all good. I tried PMing Hob, but apparently, I am too much of a dick to respond to. So, if you ever talk to the dude, tell him I am not sure what I did to piss in his Wheaties, but didn't mean to piss him off...

As for the OP? Well, I think his posts throughout the site speak for themselves and trust me, I am hardly worried about a guy that crashed at a slower speed than if he had simply forgot his kick stand wasn't up and fell over... ;) After all, it is a statistical fact that new riders are going to crash so, they should buy one already crashed and scratched so they are less upset when the inevitable happens...:rolleyes:

I admit, I did take a small jab, but I did also listen to your advice. I wanted to correct you on an OTD price though. All the stock parts(that I have) are also going with the bike. I am willing to put everything back to stock if requested, with the exception of thr exhaust. The rejet was done by a dealer and I would not feel comfortable doing that myself for a few reasons(which I'm sure you already know why).

I want to give someone a very fair deal, I do not believe in busting heads. I did my research before throwing a random price out there. Once I place the bike on craigslist I will list it at $3,200 there and see what offers I get if I do not sell it to a fellow OR member.

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25913

As for the statistics, here is one from ninja 250 owners of this website(keep in mind alot of the I never wrecked/dropped mine are from brand new riders) I'm sure the rate is much higher on bigger bikes :(

Not trying to argue with ya, just pointing out some verified statistics. Also I am not trying to justify the minor damage to the right side of my bike, but as someone on here said alot of learners may not care about looks, but they will want something that runs strong.

• Upvote 1

I admit, I did take a small jab, but I did also listen to your advice. I wanted to correct you on an OTD price though. All the stock parts(that I have) are also going with the bike. I am willing to put everything back to stock if requested, with the exception of thr exhaust. The rejet was done by a dealer and I would not feel comfortable doing that myself for a few reasons(which I'm sure you already know why).

I want to give someone a very fair deal, I do not believe in busting heads. I did my research before throwing a random price out there. Once I place the bike on craigslist I will list it at $3,200 there and see what offers I get if I do not sell it to a fellow OR member.

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25913

As for the statistics, here is one from ninja 250 owners of this website(keep in mind alot of the I never wrecked/dropped mine are from brand new riders) I'm sure the rate is much higher on bigger bikes :(

Not trying to argue with ya, just pointing out some verified statistics. Also I am not trying to justify the minor damage to the right side of my bike, but as someone on here said alot of learners may not care about looks, but they will want something that runs strong.

Here we go.. Dude, I understand OTDP. I sorta know how things work in the industry - especially at the dealer level. You got taken for full blown retail. Had you shopped a bit, you could have scored $3999 plus minimal doc fees and tax for your county.

A person buying used doesn't pay doc fees, they don't pay license fees, etc. They pay a tax and that's it. So, in essence, the fees are a moot point to be made.

As for your "verified stats", 700 people voted. Want to take a guess as to how many 250 Ninjas were sold new in 2012 alone? Let me know when you get that number... Now, add in the number of years that bike has been around. Now, take the number of entry level riders per year that apply for license. All that adds up to a fairly large amount of "new riders". Take the number of riders that take an MSF course you were so hesitant to do or made enough excuses to fill a room as to why you couldn't.

I'd say the number of "new rider crashes" are in proportion to the number of people that do not get any education as to how to ride a motorcycle.

Your stats are skewed and really, a sign that you really don't understand what the motorcycling society as a whole really is. The bottom line is if you want to compare brain pans and this industry, I think you might want to get studying as soon as possible.

$3k is fair to start with. Move along. Don't try and make this more than it needs to be.

Talk about shitting on somebody's for sale thread.:rolleyes: Like the guy or not, he has been nothing but honest about the bike IMHO, and has even taken good advice. His choice to go with a more powerful bike, whether we agree it is a good idea or not. GLWS, just don't go too crazy with your next bike. Not sure what style of bike, or how many cc you are looking at upgrading to? I would put the Yamaha FZ6 pretty high up on the list, Suzuki Vstrom 650, or maybe the Kawasaki Versys.

Oh shit, please God tell me I didn't miss him saying he was going to a more powerful bike?? I just started in on the drama part and wanted to stir the pot, but I don't want the guy to get hurt or worse by stepping up already.

Bro listen, if you are thinking of stepping up already, please take 1 more year on the 250 and learn more, ride more, read more, watch videos. It's not a personal dig at this point, it's because I don't want something bad to happen. I didn't know shit about bikes when I bought my first 1K, luckily for me it was carb'd and heavy and not a true "crotch rocket", but I learned right away, read books, watched vids, took the MSF and passed with a 95%, etc. Right now, you clearly don't understand most of the basics in riding to step up already. Again, this isn't anything personal against you, it's more for your safety.

Added; I even have the Keith Code books, A Twist of the Throttle 1/2, I will sell you for what I paid when I finish 2 if you want to read over the winter. I've learned a ton this season from them, and my times at the track show it.

Talk about shitting on somebody's for sale thread.:rolleyes: Like the guy or not, he has been nothing but honest about the bike IMHO, and has even taken good advice. His choice to go with a more powerful bike, whether we agree it is a good idea or not. GLWS, just don't go too crazy with your next bike. Not sure what style of bike, or how many cc you are looking at upgrading to? I would put the Yamaha FZ6 pretty high up on the list, Suzuki Vstrom 650, or maybe the Kawasaki Versys.

Love my FZ6, it's a great all around bike.

Free bump.

Thanks Brian. I am looking for a sport/touring full fairing bike in the 600cc range(cbr 600, yzf600, r6, etc) or a gsxr 750. Nothing too big, but something more highway friendly.