FS/T 2011 ninja 250R SE

Exarch

Thanks Brian. I am looking for a sport/touring full fairing bike in the 600cc range(cbr 600, yzf600, r6, etc) or a gsxr 750. Nothing too big, but something more highway friendly.

None of those are sport touring machines, and everything you have mentioned can get you in trouble really fast. You realize that those 600's are all putting out 100hp?:eek: Not gonna be highway friendly at all unless you are in the twisty bits..... think racebike friendly.;) Seriously consider what I have mentioned, might also look for an SV650 "they are stupid fun" and I doubt you would get bored with it. The FZ6 is comfortable, powerful, fast, smooth, and as reliable as a hammer. Have a friend that tours everywhere on his, and can really hit it hard when the road gets crooked. Something to think about is all, the supersports are race bikes with a headlight and turn-signals, and are not practical or smart for probably 80% of riders.

You realize that those 600's are all putting out 100hp?

Do you realize it's only about 50hp at 8000rpm? I'm blown away by the number of folks who never exceed that.

Guy survived 3000+ miles on the street and you think he's gonna eat shit as soon as he gets on a supersport?

I know you guys hate this dude for whatever internet reasons, but it seems like you're more interested in belittling him than protecting him.

Side note: closest I ever came to wrecking on the street was on a Derbi 50 (actually it was bored to 72). Up to that point I had never ridden anything smaller than a 600. It all came down to respect.

None of those are sport touring machines, and everything you have mentioned can get you in trouble really fast. You realize that those 600's are all putting out 100hp?:eek: Not gonna be highway friendly at all unless you are in the twisty bits..... think racebike friendly.;) Seriously consider what I have mentioned, might also look for an SV650 "they are stupid fun" and I doubt you would get bored with it. The FZ6 is comfortable, powerful, fast, smooth, and as reliable as a hammer. Have a friend that tours everywhere on his, and can really hit it hard when the road gets crooked. Something to think about is all, the supersports are race bikes with a headlight and turn-signals, and are not practical or smart for probably 80% of riders.

I know I didn't mention any sport touring, alot are naked and I'm not 100% sure which ones are full fairing(could do some research, but prob not until the offer is on the table) but I would consider em. I just don't want a cruiser/standard.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamaha_YZF600R#section_1

the 600r is actually under 90bhp :) but ya :D

Any bike is a deathtrap if you think about it. If a car pulls out infront of you and there is no time to react or if you get t-boned it really won't matter what your on at that point. I don't plan on going 150+ just because the bike will go that fast(but who knows, we all get stupid sometimes lol) hec, I haven't even gone top speed on my 250, I took it up to 92 once and backed off and haven't gone that fast since.

We all take risks, some of us more than others. If you have ever rode a ninja on the highway you would know it's not a fan. I sit around 11k rpm on my daily highway commute at 70-75mph and the bike redlines at 13k. My commute is pretty short, so that doesn't bother me, but I wouldn't feel comfortable riding it for long periods of time at that high of an rpm. I know the ninja is a high revving bike and is built to sustain high RPMs, but I would feel more comfortable with something tacked under 8k at highway speeds.

http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/general-sportbikes/434713-ninja-250r-highway-rides.html

http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/How_does_the_EX250_handle_freeway_riding%3F

People say it don't hurt the bike, I don't thin it does, I just personally don't like riding/driving anything close to being tacked out. And I wouldn't recommend downshifting to pass at highway speeds on this bike, it passes just fine and I never feel the need to downshift to 5th gear above 35-40 mph.

Damn it! Beat me to it. I was thinking of being more of an ass about it though. Carry on... :D

Edit: "Sodder" is one who lays sod; "Sauder" is a village in Northwest Ohio that explores life in the 1800s. "Sauder" also makes furniture of varying quality. Couldn't resist.

This has pure entertainment... I work at "Sauder" and somebody already beat me to it.. :lol:

Brn and Pokey... Go back and read the thread about the MSF course and how we initially TRIED to help this kid out. We all suggested great things, tried to educate the guy and above all, collectively tried to grow him into this sport. But, the dude knows it all. Everything. He reads a thread, he knows everything about a set topic. He doesn't listen and is typical of these guys that get into the sport, know it all and crash. He has crashed doing things that are very much the norm for those that have zero experience. He's had a 250 for less than a year I think and has crashed it doing a VERY easy turn at a speed that IF he had taken the MSF course, wouldn't have happened.

But, he hasn't. He hasn't grown as a rider. It shows in his responses, it shows in the shape of the bike, etc. He wants a 750 because he thinks it is a good highway bike and not "too big". He isn't even close at understanding the results of his low ability and a 130 hp bike that doesn't weigh much more than his 250 did. In fact, you are talking less than 50 pounds difference, but about 100 - YES, 100 hp difference!!!! We have tried to help. We have. It has looked like we shit on the guy only because he comes on here and does what he does... He's going to be a statistic, man. That's the shame of it all...

You seem to know me better than I know myself Brian, anything else I should know about myself? Did you know that was my first ride ever? Did you know that was the second time I took my bike out of my neighborhood? Did you know that was the third time I rode the bike? Did you know I had only put probably not even 100 miles on the bike yet?

Can you set me up with a diet plan and give me reasons I shouldn't buy a new SUV within the next couple years? I use sharp knives every day at work, maybe I should tell my boss I'm too incompetent to use these knives and switch to using a plastic knife? Many people told me not to join the army, did I listen? Nope and I did just fine.

Don't come at me like I'm 12 dude, there's a huge difference between being helpful and treating someone like a kid. I think people do alot of stupid things, but sometimes everything turns out A OK. Everyone.needs guidance now and then, including you im sure. But let it go man, let it go.

Don't come at me like I'm 12 dude, there's a huge difference between being helpful and treating someone like a kid. I think people do alot of stupid things, but sometimes everything turns out A OK. Everyone.needs guidance now and then, including you im sure. But let it go man, let it go.

There's also a huge difference in asking more experienced people for advice and telling those people with decades of riding experience that they are essentially full of shit and arguing with them.

Look man, I don't care if you say you were "just trolling" before. All that tells me is you were either full of shit then, or you're full of shit now.

You seem to know me better than I know myself Brian, anything else I should know about myself?

Has it ever occurred to you that we get people like you every year? There's ALWAYS someone every season who thinks they are Nicky Hayden that just picked up a shiny new bike, and then proceeds to ignore or argue against all the advice we give. There was Ringo before you, and djisle before him, and countless others before him. Selling the bike is also a progression we've seen again and again, dumbass buys beginner bike, dumbass can't ride and ignores advice, dumbass wrecks, dumbass rationalizes selling beginner bike by thinking that he's been on it a season, he's learned enough to take on a supersport that's almost 3x the power and acceleration. So, to answer your question, in this particular instance yes, we do know you better than you know yourself.

Edited by Cheech

You ride less than 20 miles in the MSF course and you learn how to maneuver those turns easily. Ive rode where you wrecked, it's not that difficult of a turn by any means. Hell Abdecal and my friend did it easily and they had the same amount of seat time as you. We rode out there specifically to see where you wrecked and how the fuck you could have managed to do it. But I guess haveing 2 jobs (one you don't give a shit about but can't take off to take the course) doesn't allow for time to take the course. :nono:

Tell ya what sell the 250 and buy the 300 I have for sale, it's an upgrade and it has more power, more highway "friendly". IIRC you only have your temps so why the hell are you on the highway? (I could be wrong on your license)

I'm done discussing this. I've taken quite a few tips from here(hence put another 3k+ miles on the bike after my spill) I may have argued some, but I did learn from my mistakes and the words of others. I admitted to trolling on here some due to too much freetime on my hands and that wasn't the best choice and I apologize for it. If y'all don't want to give me a second chance so be it, but I would like to try and be a part of this OR community for real.

I just want to move up to a bigger bike is all, that is my decision and I feel I'm ready. I'm not doing it to be "cool" or anything, I am doing it because I want to. I am sure someone here can appreciate the little ninja and have alot of fun with her, but I have had my good times with her and it's time to move on to.another girl now.

There's also a huge difference in asking more experienced people for advice and telling those people with decades of riding experience that they are essentially full of shit and arguing with them.

Look man, I don't care if you say you were "just trolling" before. All that tells me is you were either full of shit then, or you're full of shit now.

Has it ever occurred to you that we get people like you every year? There's ALWAYS someone every season who thinks they are Nicky Hayden that just picked up a shiny new bike, and then proceeds to ignore or argue against all the advice we give. There was Ringo before you, and djisle before him, and countless others before him. Selling the bike is also a progression we've seen again and again, dumbass buys beginner bike, dumbass can't ride and ignores advice, dumbass wrecks, dumbass rationalizes selling beginner bike by thinking that he's been on it a season, he's learned enough to take on a supersport that's almost 3x the power and acceleration. So, to answer your question, in this particular instance yes, we do know you better than you know yourself.

Damn someone rattled your cage a bit but well said. ;)

You ride less than 20 miles in the MSF course and you learn how to maneuver those turns easily. Ive rode where you wrecked, it's not that difficult of a turn by any means. Hell Abdecal and my friend did it easily and they had the same amount of seat time as you. We rode out there specifically to see where you wrecked and how the fuck you could have managed to do it. But I guess haveing 2 jobs (one you don't give a shit about but can't take off to take the course) doesn't allow for time to take the course. :nono:

Tell ya what sell the 250 and buy the 300 I have for sale, it's an upgrade and it has more power, more highway "friendly". IIRC you only have your temps so why the hell are you on the highway? (I could be wrong on your license)

I've had my endorsements and I did sign up for MSF ;) unfortunately I was 1/2 an hour late due to time mix UPS. Just figured I'd clear that up. I've been riding for 6-7 months I would hope I know what I'm doing just a little bit by now. Expert? No. decent rider? Yes.

I've had my endorsements and I did sign up for MSF ;) unfortunately I was 1/2 an hour late due to time mix UPS. Just figured I'd clear that up. I've been riding for 6-7 months I would hope I know what I'm doing just a little bit by now. Expert? No. decent rider? Yes.

Signing up for MSF does not equal going through the MSF. Just thought I'd point that out. I was riding for 3 years before I went through the State MSF, and I was absolutely floored by some of the stuff I learned.

Not to pile on, but at only 6-7 months of experience, you don't know half of what you think you do.

That goes for everyone...it's not a personal dig at you.

Agreed, I didn't get my 900 until having 2 years of riding slower bikes and feeling comfortable on a bike with more power.

See sig for previous bikes

Signing up for MSF does not equal going through the MSF. Just thought I'd point that out. I was riding for 3 years before I went through the State MSF, and I was absolutely floored by some of the stuff I learned.

I took mine shortly before buying my first bike, and the thing that stood out to me was the number of riders who had 10-20 years experience in our class...and they all said they learned things they never knew about riding a motorcycle.

I can attest that the MSF has saved my life more than once. YMMV.

Do you realize it's only about 50hp at 8000rpm? I'm blown away by the number of folks who never exceed that.

Guy survived 3000+ miles on the street and you think he's gonna eat shit as soon as he gets on a supersport?

I know you guys hate this dude for whatever internet reasons, but it seems like you're more interested in belittling him than protecting him.

Side note: closest I ever came to wrecking on the street was on a Derbi 50 (actually it was bored to 72). Up to that point I had never ridden anything smaller than a 600. It all came down to respect.

Seems I have been one of the few not belittling him and being an ass, so not sure what you are talking about. And I am trying to protect him, going from a 250 to a "racebike" is a huge jump........if you don't agree you are nuts. And I looked at the dyno numbers for 5 2011 600cc supersports, and every single one of them exceeded 100 hp, yes it was at high RPM but that is where they live at do they not?:wtf: It is ultimately his choice no matter what, but there is a tiny part of me that hopes he will end up making a good choice for a fun all around scoot.

Edited by Pokey

You seem to know me better than I know myself Brian, anything else I should know about myself? Did you know that was my first ride ever? Did you know that was the second time I took my bike out of my neighborhood? Did you know that was the third time I rode the bike? Did you know I had only put probably not even 100 miles on the bike yet?

Can you set me up with a diet plan and give me reasons I shouldn't buy a new SUV within the next couple years? I use sharp knives every day at work, maybe I should tell my boss I'm too incompetent to use these knives and switch to using a plastic knife? Many people told me not to join the army, did I listen? Nope and I did just fine.

Actually, I do know you. Let me say, I know your type. Yes, I assumed it was your first ride. Yes, I assumed it was within a short series of miles. Yes, I assumed it was the first time in an area by which you were not comfortable.

HENCE, why I suggested an MSF course STAT. I suggested that very early in your amazing time here at OR. In fact, several others chimed in and suggested the same thing. You are a stat, my friend. A stat that says people who do not listen and do not take the initiative to learn and excel, will be simply a stat of someone that fails. You failed. Simple as that. You didn't try and better yourself and came up with excuses. Tons of excuses. So, in my mind, you are a typical rider that falls into a set category for me. It isn't your fault per say, but you landed right where I suspected you would and will end up most likely where I forecast you will. Stay tuned!

As far as treating you like you are 12, remember, hot stuff, I was offering a lot of help and then it progressed into a deal where you acted like you knew everything. I'm not the only guy that realized that. The issue here is that you seem like you want to go roundy, round with me and the industry and even how bikes work or need to be ridden. I am here to tell you to let it go and yet you cannot stop. You just now asked me to let it go, so I will. You're hopeless, dude. Everything that happened to you could have been prevented had you decided that this is something new, something dangerous if done wrong and taken a course. You decided to jump in with both hands on the electrical wire and into the pool.

By the way, my son is 13 and will be riding an RS125 soon. He is practicing on an NSR50 and I can tell you one simple thing. He knows he needs to learn stuff before I will allow him to go on to the big track. I can also tell you that he understands what I am telling him and I would be willing to wager a STUPID amount of money that I can put him on that RS125 right now and run him and you through an obstacle course and have all my money on him to make it through vs. yourself. Take that as an insult, but the reality I am trying to paint here is that he is practicing and LISTENING to what I am helping him with. He's calculated, makes his moves with purpose and is doing very well.

You need training, man. You don't know shit and what you read isn't real world experience. Once you figure those things out? You'll get it and you will advance. until then? You're going to fall over at 10 mph...

Excuse #150... And counting...

Decent rider? Here's a tip. It's like the ol' saying "I've been doing this for 'X'# of years..." Well, you've been riding a whole 6-7 months and now consider yourself a decent rider. You also are essentially telling us that with that amount of seat time, you really don't need the MSF course at this stage.

Back to the quote. Yes, you can have a number of months, years, decades of experience. BUT, if you have been doing shit wrong all these years and developed a bunch of bad habits, it isn't a good thing.

But hey, whatever the next round of excuses are, cool. You still need an MSF course. You have absolutely no real idea of what you are doing. You can blab about us not knowing you, that you work 15 jobs and are an armed Ninja with the CIA or that your boss is screwing you at your job and will not allow you to ever leave or that a nail is ingrown and you cannot shift right so, you missed the last class... Whatever, man. It's your life, several on here have tried until we have been out of breath. You roll to your own drum.

I bet you are a hit at the office and the local Rally's where you can talk about bikes and everything you've read.

Not to pile on, but at only 6-7 months of experience, you don't know half of what you think you do.

That goes for everyone...it's not a personal dig at you.

Shit, I have been doing this for 18 years and I still have no idea what I am doing. I learn new things every time I am out there to some degree. Or, I still ask questions to better myself.

But hey, 6-7 months? He's a fucking rock star at this stage! Rossi ain't got shit on him!!