FS/T 2011 ninja 250R SE

Exarch

there can only be one true arbiter of this discussion, exarch and Brian need to go head-to-head in a pants-off dance-off at Mid-Ohio, preferably at Turn 12.

Bring it! I'll practice my dance moves pronto. Eh, what am I saying? He probably has to watch his kids, knit a sweater, cough when the doc asks, etc... There would be a mile of excuses.;)

Seems I have been one of the few not belittling him and being an ass, so not sure what you are talking about.

Just for the record, that wasn't directed at anyone in particular, especially not yourself. I was just commenting on the direction of the thread in general, yours was the last post and I wanted to use the 100hp quote. I can see now how you/you/you're seems personal, sorry about that.

I got my first bike at 14 yrs old, before that I had a moped. It was a 72 zook tc90. (i still have it). I rode the shit out of it in the dirt and the street and made lots of fuckups and learned lots of lessons and lost a good deal of skin and blood. I didn't ride between the ages of 18 and 25 because my life was a fucking mess, but when I got my shit back together I didnt go out and buy a supersport. I bought a 72 Honda 500-four, rode that for a season, then upgraded to a 73 Honda 750-four, a bad-ass bike in its day, a slow relic by current standards. I stayd with that bike for 5 years or so before progressing through more modern, more powerful bikes until my current ride the tl.

I can say without a doubt that if I had jumped from the 500 (which has comparable power and much shittyer braking and handling than the 250) to the tl1000 I would be a fucking grease spot.

Keep the putter another year, take the Msf course, learn more, practice more. If high revs on the freeway are an issue put a smaller sprocket out back.

In my experience if everyone is giving you the same advice, especially guys with decades of experience, its probably the right advice.

I have nothing to add. I just looked at this to see pictures of a bike for sale. That is all...

Go look at bikes on Craigslist. This post is for a battle royale (pronounced "roy-al").

The bike for sale is maybe a minor blip on the screen, at best.

(Seriously, is there even a bike for sale anymore? :D)

Go look at bikes on Craigslist. This post is for a battle royale (pronounced "roy-al").

The bike for sale is maybe a minor blip on the screen, at best.

(Seriously, is there even a bike for sale anymore? :D)

Hey the man is trying to sell a bike to get on something bigger. He is a big boy and can make his own decisions. I could care less if he is going to be a greasey spot on some road? I guess I haven't been on here long enough to understand why everyone else is so concerned and they felt the need for 11 pages of documentation. But hey!

• Upvote 2

Just for the record, that wasn't directed at anyone in particular, especially not yourself. I was just commenting on the direction of the thread in general, yours was the last post and I wanted to use the 100hp quote. I can see now how you/you/you're seems personal, sorry about that.

:cheers:

Hey the man is trying to sell a bike to get on something bigger. He is a big boy and can make his own decisions. I could care less if he is going to be a greasey spot on some road? I guess I haven't been on here long enough to understand why everyone else is so concerned and they felt the need for 11 pages of documentation. But hey!

Because reducing the amount of clueless squids who wreck every year helps all of us, whether it be financial (insurance) or improving the reputation of motorcyclists.

I don't blame him for wanting to step up from the 250, I say if he feels ready then so be it. I wouldn't want to ride a small bike for long myself. I started on dirtbikes at age 11, got hurt often, learned lessons, but none of which really applied to the street other than fundamental operation of a motorcycle. Dirt and asphalt, virtually zero comparison between them at a street riding level. My first streetbike was an '82 KZ550, which was a huge leap from the CR125 that I had prior to it and yeah, I wrecked it my first summer......so I fixed it and sold it off. Just wasnt ready for the change I guess and was man enough to acknowledge that fact, temporarily that is. Then after some years of shit/life I bought a YZF1000R, huge jump from a bike half that size years prior.....but it was never wrecked the years I rode it. All comes down to respect for the machine and the possibilities of what it can do to you. If he sells the 250R and buys a 600, good for him......it is quite a leap, but its also steps like these that teach each of us newfound respect for the bikes we ride, especially every time we'd upgrade our bores and strokes. Let him grow and learn like we've all done. Like he said ( and others here have said too ) there are dangerous elements no matter what we ride, be it a bicycle or a Busa

• Upvote 1

Yea good luck finding a fi kawi 250. Won't see one unless your overseas. As for the Honda it's under powered compared to the kawi. Give it some time $2500-3000 should get it.

Just have to have the parts sent from over sea to upgrade a bike to make it FI.

• 3 weeks later...

I got a $3k(says he can get cash this week probably) offer via text and $2.8k(cash in hand) offer via email. I don't really wanna let her go at 2.8k, but that is my very bottom dollar, so I may have to think on it.

Hopefully I can get it sold this week :)

• 3 weeks later...
I'll sell my 2012 for $3200. Much better green than the 2011 color :p Never laid down. 1700 miles on it. Every bit of the bike is still in brand new condition. Upgrading to 600 next riding season :)

jesus man you make me feel bad my 2012 has almost 4700 miles,guess I have an addiction.