New toy!

JJtheGUNMAN

Hey guys, just wanted to share pictures of my new toy I just picked up. It is an M92 Yugo Krinkov AK pistol made my Zastava in Surbia. They just started importing them into the U.S. about 3-4 weeks ago, I would guess in leau of replacing the Draco's and Mini Draco's since (I believe) they have stopped importing them. This thing is total badass. Built strong and tough like a brick shit house. The barrel is thick and heavy and basically tougher than it needs to be. The receiver is a bit thicker wall than I have seen or felt before. The FCG (Fire Control Group) is all Yugo except the disconnector which is Tapco. It has a nice smooth double hook trigger. Came with unfinished factory wood hand guards, a 26mm LH threaded barrel but has a thread protector on it (which can be removed by simply cutting the tiny spot weld that holds it on, with a dremel), the pretty nice Yugo pistol grip, a set of flip up 200yd & 400yd ? sights, lol! I plan to notch out the 400yd rear sight aperture to a bit larger notch for a quicker sight acquisition. I already have a sling plate on the way that attaches between the receiver and pistol grip for a sling point and also an XS BIG DOT front sight for an AK47. I have used XS BIG DOT sights many times before (which I currently have) on my Kimber 1911 and my Glock 23 and I love them. They are very fast and once you get to learn to use them, they do not hinder your group much IMO like a lot of people think. So i wanted to try them out since I probably won't be shooting past 100 yds with this thing and it's going to mostly be a point and shoot. If I don't like them, I will return them and go with some other bright fast acquisition point and shoot style sights. I guess that's all I have to share besides the pictures of it here. I went ahead and even though so far people have been saying these things are reliable as shit, did a custom JJtheGUNMAN bolt carrier, bolt (only the parts of any friction) and hammer polish to reduce any un-necessary problems I may have faced. Plus the bolt carrier looks total badass with the shine job :D. I'm just looking now for the exact same style hand guards I have on there. only in black polymer. I have heard that since it has just started importing that no one makes hand guards for them yet, although I don't know what ones WILL fit that are made for other AK varients.

DSCF2158.jpg

DSCF2157.jpg

DSCF2156.jpg

DSCF2154.jpg

DSCF2144.jpg

DSCF2145.jpg

DSCF2146.jpg

DSCF2149.jpg

DSCF2150.jpg

Lol yes it is a high/raised back on the chair. No I haven't shot it yet. Going to finally get to this weekend! I'm excited! I will probably make a video because since it's so new, theres only like 2 videos of this thing on youtube. I'm SURE it spits some ridiculous fireballs. I may do a review video as well once I get my XS BIG DOT sight because there are NO videos on youtube of this sight on an AK. Just the XS white stripe sight.

Edited by JJtheGUNMAN

Thanks. I'm anxious to get a 2 point sling and some kind of polymer handguard on there. I really want to put a Magpul AFG on it but can't unless I get some thing on there besides this nice unfinished wood. It's "illegal" to put a vertical grip on a pistol and you can get around that with an AFG since you don't wrap your thumb around it. I'm not even sure what aftermarket handguards will fit this thing. I'm guessing/hoping any Krink handguards will work. I'm not finding much info about it since it's new to tge U.S.

Thanks. I'm anxious to get a 2 point sling and some kind of polymer handguard on there. I really want to put a Magpul AFG on it but can't unless I get some thing on there besides this nice unfinished wood. It's "illegal" to put a vertical grip on a pistol and you can get around that with an AFG since you don't wrap your thumb around it. I'm not even sure what aftermarket handguards will fit this thing. I'm guessing/hoping any Krink handguards will work. I'm not finding much info about it since it's new to tge U.S.

Send a form 1 in!!!!

Send a form 1 in!!!!

Ehh....I've thought about this. Not worth my $200 (IMO) and having more of my name on the govt's files than I have to. Especially a file saying I DEFINITELY have an NFA item, that if someday they decide to try an take, they know I still am accountable for.

Once you finish your mods, I would love to try it!

Curious how the red dot works compared to my standard AK sites.

I am not putting a red dot on. I am putting an XS BIG DOT front sight post (which is bright white with a tritium night sight in the middle) on it. It is large and made for quick, bright, clear acquisition of targets and still maintains being a sight post. They are great on my handguns, but we'll see how I like them on an AK pistol. It will be interesting. HERE is a link to XS's website.

That is cool looking. I got a PLR-16 that is similar in style. Do you know how long it is, end to end? I wonder if the PLR is shorter?

I just measured, OAL is 18 7/8" from back of rear trunnion to front end of thread protector. Barrel is 10.25"

Anyone know if all "Krink" SBR hand guards are the same size/universal size? I'm looking to put some polymer hand guards on here to attach a section of rail to. I've been looking at some that K-Var has on their site that are Bulgarian style for a Krink SBR but I'm not sure if this is something that would fit or not.