Need cable advice...

redbarron77

Well, now that my back is healed, I got almost a whole week of riding in...until yesterday at lunch.

There is definitely something wrong with the throttle cables(there appear to be two on my Honda Shadow).

Twist the throttle, and no tension, no change in RPM...nada...

I took a look inside the throttle/switch housing, and the ends of the cables are still good, and the cable ends are good.

The main question I have is:

Should I go ahead and try to replace the cables myself(I am not very mechanically inclined), or is this something I should take to my mechanic(a dude who I know will not screw me over)???

I do appreciate any help here.

looks like someone tried to cut your front brake lines and kill you but cut the wrong wire like a noob. you should probably flee to mexico. it's the only way to be sure.

well, my wife hasn't increased my insurance...that I know of....and if she really wanted me dead, she'd let me get Ducati!

well, my wife hasn't increased my insurance...that I know of....and if she really wanted me dead, she'd let me get Ducati!

isn't that akin to trying to murder your wife by getting her a boob job and rigging it to explode after you're done having your way with... ohhhhhhh yeah, so it probably wasn't your wife.