What is a motoathlon?

buildit

Different, but you're right about not seeing this on ESPN. Now, this did strike an idea for a cool new sport - MX/Enduro competitive shooting. Big jumps/whoops/trails/hills/etc with varying weapons waiting at stations of several targets where riders would hop behind guns every so often with long distance shots of 500+ yds at the end of the race when breathing and heart rate control are key. Basically a safer, yet much more extreme version of your sport:D

Different, but you're right about not seeing this on ESPN. Now, this did strike an idea for a cool new sport - MX/Enduro competitive shooting. Big jumps/whoops/trails/hills/etc with varying weapons waiting at stations of several targets where riders would hop behind guns every so often with long distance shots of 500+ yds at the end of the race when breathing and heart rate control are key. Basically a safer, yet much more extreme version of your sport:D

Yeah, I thought about that but got lazy about two things. 1. Wearing proper gear and 2. Not wanting to clean more than one gun tonight. :lol:

It did surprise me how the third stop was the shot I was having trouble with but for some reason that was when the exhilaration started to set in and my aim went to crap. :rolleyes: An aspect I need to add to my regular shooting routine.;)

I like the single six. that's the only one of my grandfather's guns that i've shot. Somewhere along the line, the mag cylinder got lost (or he never had it...)

I wouldn't mind getting a single ten, which is just a great little idea :)

My only complaint is that they're quite pricey for what they are. One would think that, as you point out, with semi automatic pistols being offered in the sub $200 range (Phoenix arms HP22A, Taurus PT22, etc.) 22lr revolvers would be DIRT cheap.

The least expensive ones I've seen are Heritage Arms for about $190, which is a single six copy...

I like the single six. that's the only one of my grandfather's guns that i've shot. Somewhere along the line, the mag cylinder got lost (or he never had it...)

I wouldn't mind getting a single ten, which is just a great little idea :)

My only complaint is that they're quite pricey for what they are. One would think that, as you point out, with semi automatic pistols being offered in the sub $200 range (Phoenix arms HP22A, Taurus PT22, etc.) 22lr revolvers would be DIRT cheap.

The least expensive ones I've seen are Heritage Arms for about $190, which is a single six copy...

I have a heritage arms single six that my grandpa got me as a Christmas present one year. Still haven't shot it but I may today after seeing this video

I have a heritage arms single six that my grandpa got me as a Christmas present one year. Still haven't shot it but I may today after seeing this video

They're fun little guns, and the single action means you slow down a bit and don't go through 500 rounds in 3 hours... Not that it matters much with a 22, but its fun to play cowboy and kill some targets.

They're fun little guns, and the single action means you slow down a bit and don't go through 500 rounds in 3 hours

500 rds in 3 hours is child's play :D A buddy and I used to burn up 3 bricks of .22lr inside of 3 hours back in the day. .22 Ruger carbines with a pile of 40 round mags and we were cutting down small trees in no time flat!

Of course back then K-Mart sold 500 rd bricks at $8, so it was a supercheap good time -- what do they cost now? I haven't owned a .22 in 20 years

Of course back then K-Mart sold 500 rd bricks at $8, so it was a supercheap good time -- what do they cost now? I haven't owned a .22 in 20 years

I just got 225 rounds Remington HP high velocity for $10 :nono: I remember when I was a kid you could get 1 gallon milk jugs of .22 cal for $10. Even the crappy thunderbolts are $2 for 50.

Maybe not-so-much on ESPN, but I've already heard a bit about a similar event on the local news this week...:cool:

Yeah, but he was playing it wrong. You are not allowed to beat the target with the gun. :rolleyes:

I remember when I was a kid you could get 1 gallon milk jugs of .22 cal for $10

Ah, yes.....the gallon jugs of .22's were a hell of a buy back then. and the big 2 pint cartons of .17 pellets that lasted all year long.....them were the days

• Upvote 1

back then K-Mart sold 500 rd bricks at $8, so it was a supercheap good time -- what do they cost now? I haven't owned a .22 in 20 years

I generally pay ~$21 for boxes of 525 or 550, either federal or remington. I can find Blazer for $18, but I like shooting my 22 more than cleaning it.

I also only have the one high cap magazine. I believe i have 3 standard 10-round mags, and one 25 round mag. need to stock up on the 25's now that Ruger makes one that actually works.

Wow, so ammo has damn near tripled in price in the last 2 decades? What in the hell?! Its not like its gasoline, people! Guess I should've stocked up back then and packed it away in a crate full of silica gelpacks. This crazy planet and its greedy 2-legged mammals:nono:

Wow, so ammo has damn near tripled in price in the last 2 decades? What in the hell?! Its not like its gasoline, people! Guess I should've stocked up back then and packed it away in a crate full of silica gelpacks. This crazy planet and its greedy 2-legged mammals:nono:

Yeah, turns out brass is expensive and government regulations cost even more. Go figure.;)