What do i need to do for winterizing?

Gunner75

i might go out and start mine at least once a month too, just be sure it gets up to full temp for several min before shutting off to help dry out any built up moisture anywhere. Mine is alway ready to ride, drop the wheel stand, unplug the tender, check the oil and tires and shes ready to roll.

Gas has like a 45 day shelf life before it begins breaking down. So I put some Seafoam in the tank prior to filling it for the supposed last tank of gas for the winter. I also change the oil and hook up a trickle battery tender. I believe it helped my last battery last like 8 years or so. I have never worried about getting the tires up off the ground to prevent flat spots, and have never had a problem either.

On bikes in the past, I use to fog the cylinders with oil or add some top cylinder oil with a couple no spark plug turn overs. I stopped doing this and have never had any problems.

Good washing and some wax, fill tires with air, add water to battery, fuel additive, run to gas station and top off tank. Add tender, cover and say good nite.

If your bike is in a space known to attract mice, I would block the tailpipe and airbox.