Colors of the Fall Ride - 12 PM Wed 10/17 from SW OH/Cinti

Bubba

I posted this on the Local Riders forum where I usually hang out, but not a lot of response due to mid-week timing. Pace will be 'spirited' at SL up to maybe 10-15 over, but not gonzo crazy. Any questions, my phone number is at the bottom of the ride description.

Colors of the Fall Ride

The weather looks abso-tively, posi-lutely splendiferous for a short ride to check out the leaves and burn the last of the stale gas in yer tank before the winter ritual of outfitting yer scoot with studded ice tires for those long winter commutes. uhh.gif

I'm gonna be heading down to NKY from the west side of Cinti (Green Twsp) and doing a route of approx 150-160 miles. Furthest point south will be Williamstown, KY. Many of the roads are lane-and-a-half (i.e., no centerline) paved rural roads that follow either a ridgeline or a creek bottom with lots of twists, elevation changes and overlooks to keep things interesting. Suitable for just about any bike, but some of the pavement can get....sketchy, so good tires are recommended.

Details:

Meet-up in the UDF parking lot, 4332 River Rd, at the corner of River Rd/US 50 and Anderson Ferry from 11:45-12:30 PM on Wed, 10/17. Kickstands up at 12:30 sharp. Note: Riders coming from the south can meet at the ferry access in NKY at approx 12:35-12:40.

Take Anderson Ferry into NKY. Toll is $2/bike. The ride mileage will be calculated from this starting point. Total mileage for the loop is approx 152 miles; the ride will finish back at the starting point. Return ferry toll is $2/bike. Estimated ride time is approx 4-4.5 hours, not including stops. We should be home by dark o'clock.

Gas stations are scarce along the route due to the rural nature of the ride, but gas will be available in Williamstown at approx 75 miles. Please start the ride with a full tank and have a minimum fuel range of 90-100 miles.

Along the route, do expect:

wet leaves

gravel

slow farm implements/occasional local traffic hogging the road

small- to medium-sized domestic animals/infrequently, horses/cows/purty deer

unmarked hazards

poor road signage

also, beautiful vistas/colorful trees/interesting roads. I guarantee there will at least be S-O-M-E roads you haven't ever ridden before!

Post up here if you're thinking of riding. I'm guessing that a mid-week ride won't generate a huge crowd--or perhaps any interest at all--but I'd kind'a like to limit the group size to no more than 7-8 bikes.

Bubba @ 5one3-5nine8-8nine9two

Great day for a ride! Four of us met up for fun in the sun and to peak at the purty leaves. Great roads and almost no traffic for more than 160 miles. Here's a few teaser pix from the ride and you can view the 'Full Monty' here:

http://s875.photobucket.com/albums/ab313/icantdrive55/Colors%20of%20the%20Fall%20Ride%2017Oct12/?albumview=slideshow

IMGP0672.jpg

IMGP0687.jpg

IMGP0702.jpg

IMGP0722.jpg

IMGP0726.jpg

IMGP0733.jpg

IMGP0735.jpg

IMGP0750.jpg

IMGP0757.jpg

IMGP0763.jpg

IMGP0776.jpg

IMGP0788.jpg

• Upvote 1

Yup, you missed a good'n! There are some nice roads up towards Oxford near where you rode. I've ridden my bicycle up that way many times. I bet the colors along Indian Creek are purty right now.

If you're interested, there's a ride posted on Local Rider--Legends of the Fall Ride--for this Sunday at 10 AM that's going into the same area in NKY, but this one will be a faster paced ride on some of the smoother twisty state and county roads. If you like scraping pegs, come on along! [NOTE: Will be a fast pace, but there will be all types of bikes including cruisers, and we don't leave anybody in the woods. :D]

Might just have to do that and yes Indian Creek is a very pretty and fun ride, just have to be careful on that hairpin that comes outta nowhere :D

My friend lives out on state line rd and taking Hamilton Millville rd to Riley then turning left at the stop sign (I don't know the road name) to Indian creek over to Riggs rd is my favorite way and its a nice ride with little traffic and only 1 turkey tried to kill me :lol: