Computer geeks get in here...looking for laptop

2talltim

I agree not nearly enough ram. I run 8gigs with Win7 on my desktop, slightly overboard I know but I love it. Although its not that hard to upgrade the ram just a bit more pricy.

yea we have 4G in our HP desk top

Tis the season may daughter wants a laptop for Christmas and i don't want to wait till the last min to find the best deal. Looking to get the best for what i want to spend which is around $300(ish)dont want to spend a lot for her to beat the fuck out her first one, she is 13 yrs old and will using it for FB, netflix, youtube, email, homework research, basic screwing around. I'm OK with any brand any processor(except atom or celeron), new or referb, just want bang for the buck. Oh yea has to be a PC (no macs) and i want windows 7

This is what I have upgraded to 8GB with tax around $310 out the door I'm at work so can't reply much heres the link.

http://microcenter.com/product/386509/2000-425NR_156_Laptop_Computer_-_Charcoal_Gray

HP YUCK!!!! Not my biggest fan. haha That last one I like better because of the graphics card. NOt a huge fan of the radeons but its better than having the graphics card built into the motherboard.

I've had, dell, gateway, hp, acer, Compaq, lenovo and they all have the same stuff on the inside and Ive had issues with all of them, and have gotten a few good apples out of a few but no one brand stands out. One is as good as the next in my honest opinion

This is what I have upgraded to 8GB with tax around $310 out the door I'm at work so can't reply much heres the link.

http://microcenter.com/product/386509/2000-425NR_156_Laptop_Computer_-_Charcoal_Gray

thats the same one i posted above...LOL

who is driving that damn bus anyways...:lol:

Edited by 2talltim

I've had, dell, gateway, hp, acer, Compaq, lenovo and they all have the same stuff on the inside and Ive had issues with all of them, and have gotten a few good apples out of a few but no one brand stands out. One is as good as the next in my honest opinion

yeah thats why I just build my own. So much better and so much cheaper and so much easier to fix.

Told my wife to go check out that HP on her lunch break and she bought one:lol:. I guess the guy said they only had a few left and when they are gone they are gone(and she fell for it:rolleyes:) But he did tell her that we can bring it back in 30 day if we find a better deal on something else, and if we did find a better deal else where bring in the ad and they would match it where they could. So kinda like a little test run and im still going to keep my eyes peeled

Messing around with this HP today its pretty bad ass, I think it out performs my desk top. Plays you tube, and netflix in HD through wifi loading very fast and plays seamlessly. The sound is great, and putting the 8gb ram in it made it lightning fast. Ill keep I look out some somthing better but I really don't see it happening for $300 out the door its a kick ass deal