close call.

magley64

Was riding home last night, cruising down the road, minding my own business when I see some large "bird" (why birds get that large I'll never know) trying to fly across the road.

Not sure if it was a turkey or a turkey vulture, but it was large, and flapping into my path..

Gave as much brake as I was comfortable with, and tucked my head down to the tank at the last minute.

*CRACK!* I feel the feet/legs slap off the top of my helmet...

Whew... lucky me that thing had gotten enough height before I got to it, a few inches lower and that could have really sucked.

In my younger dumber early days of riding I was on my friends bike doing triple digit speed and outta nowhere it felt like I got hit in the helmet with baseball bat. I don't know how I stayed on and kept the bike upright. My friend pulled up beside me after I stopped and I asked him WTF just happened. He said "you destroyed that fucking sparrow! Did you see it?" No I didn't but he told me it looked like it swallowed a lit stick of dynamite after it hit the top of the helmet. I could image a full size bird being like hitting a cinder block.