the LEOs just got alot faster, and more versatile

Hoblick

All I know is that locally, they've been buying V6 chargers since the crown Vic went off the market, and the sheriffs don't like the chargers. Too cramped.

As far as bikes, they're all HD's in Cleveland. I nearly saw one rear end a guy he was pulling over.

Not sure about that, not when the choppa can break 200mph in midair! That seems a larger liability doesn't it? Especially considering the cost differential of the vehicles/licensing/training - although there's a lot more to hit on the ground than in the air, so I'm willing to concede your point here:D

1 chopper in an area with no speed limit is different than a bike on the ground. The chopper pilots normally are already trained when they apply and have several hours of flight time.

The chargers here are v6 cars?

I am only familiar with the County vehicles. The highway patrol is a separate entity, as are municipalities.

The County Sheriff who gave me a ride to lunch in his supervisor's unmarked Charger said it had a V6. The marked units may have V8's, but it wouldn't shock me if the V6 was a budgetary consideration. the 3.5 isn't a bad engine.