Wnf 11-11-12

M_Quick

Going to hit Wayne with a buddy from work Sunday. Anyone else want to join it would be great! And if anyone knows how to get to trail heads since the new road opened, well that info would be nice too! I'm hoping to find the trail heads p1- p5 this time. Last time I went there, the new bypass was open, and I gave up looking for the way back, so we parked at Williams off of 595.

Well I cant do 3 weeks in a row, and you know I'm going to West by God for Thanksgiving! 4 day weekend baby!

So I take it no one know's how to get to the trails heads, since the road was changed? A sorry bunch we are, lol well I hope I figure it out in the mourning or I will be back at New Straitsville or Williams camp ground again...

You can go down the by-pass to the point they make you get off, turn right and right again at the roundabout. The road will be on your right. Or you can get off at 595, turn left and park at the New straitsville trailhead or pay the $2 to park at Williams camp ground. Nice clean grass parking.

Well this time they had new hudge sign telling you for Dorr Run exit on to 595, then go right thru Haydenville. So I follow signs, and just before 595 meets 33 again just east of Company road, the road is still blocked from construction like it was last time I was there. We parked at Monday Creek. And road to P3 and asked the 1st people we seen how they got there. They said just like max power said, get off bypass exit and double back west on old 33, signs will say road closed but you can go thru to company road and access the trail heads. Maybe next time I can find it, lol!

We had a good ride no incidents all day, outside of my buddy's tires kept loosing air but he had a pump. We road from Monday creek, to P3. Then hit the 1985 trail checking out the bypass, then road back to Monday creek. From there we went up main corridor and road the New Straitsville loop, and then back to Monday creek. It was still early around 3:30 so we topped off our fuel and headed back out. This time made a wrong turn off of snake hollow ending up down in a ravine. The sport quad couldn't climb it's way out. I tried 3 x's each time making it a little further up hill, and almost wrecking worse. 3rd time my front tire's were a foot from top of hill, and luckily the break held cause I don't think I could of slid back down a 3rd time w/out indecent. So I waited for buddy's utility to find another way up hill, and he winched me the rest of the way up. We still couldn't find the trail, we ended up on private property on 278. Luckily I looked up the road and seen a stop sign where trails cross 278. So we blasted up the road about 1/8 to 1/4 mile and road back to Monday Creek, almost 60 mile day, weather was amazing!