new battery

ninjachic

I suppose if I could get it to my new place this weekend and in my garage, I could just recharge the battery and see if that works. But yet again, I have no idea how I am going to get it to my new place. Really starting to think I need to trade my car in for a truck!!!!

I suppose if I could get it to my new place this weekend and in my garage, I could just recharge the battery and see if that works. But yet again, I have no idea how I am going to get it to my new place. Really starting to think I need to trade my car in for a truck!!!!

add a tow hitch, rent a motorcycle dolly from uhaul...

I'm really confused... Is there something noticeably wrong with the bike?

Can you go buy a new battery, install it yourself, then ride the bike someplace close to get it looked at?

Have you considered learning about what kind of things you should be looking for so that you can do this yourself in the future? Youtube has a lot of great videos with very nice simple instructions on how to change your oil, how to tighten your chain, how to check your tires, etc.

I'm really confused... Is there something noticeably wrong with the bike?

Can you go buy a new battery, install it yourself, then ride the bike someplace close to get it looked at?

Have you considered learning about what kind of things you should be looking for so that you can do this yourself in the future? Youtube has a lot of great videos with very nice simple instructions on how to change your oil, how to tighten your chain, how to check your tires, etc.

Well right now it just doesnt start because the battery is dead. But it also has never had anyone really looked over it since I bought it. Probably wouldnt be a bad idea to have someone who knows what they are doing to do a once over. I do know that I will need to replace more than just the battery. I've rode it around neighbrhoods and stuff but havent been out on main roads yet. Not really sure I want to go out on main roads just yet with it not running the way it should be.

250's are easy to work on,somebody help this girl out !

Thank you. Not to mention as stated earlier, I will make some chili. and as nightrider told you, it is some pretty awesome chili. and it should taste awesome because it does take 12 hours to prep and make.

So are there things you feel are not right with the bike or do you just want piece of mind? Give some details so people know if they are getting in over their head or not

Well when I break it hard core dives and no that is not me using the front break to hard. does it even if i just use the back break. My ex told me what it was but I dont remember. other than that, I want peice of mind on the rest of it. I mean, I did buy it off of some random guy on craigslist. No real way for me to tell how good he took care of it.

get yourself a battery tender, install and plug it in. you're gonna need one eventually anyway. after a few hours, if the bike STILL doesnt start, then your battery is REALLY dead or it's something else in the charging/starter/fuse/electricals/omfgstartpanicking.

but if you know for sure your battery is dead-dead (and not just drained) and getting your bike to hoblick or anyone else to take a look at it for you is impeded by the battery that's pretty silly. you should be able to charge or swap the battery yourself... a one armed half retarded monkey is capable of doing those 2 things.

for battery tender, just pick up a yuasa, battery tender brand, schumacher (I think walmart or sears sells these?), or any number of other tenders will be fine. i would just call up nathan at riders discount and ask him for a good one that does rapid charge, float charge and some of them even have battery diagnostic and reconditioning programs.

for battery, just suck it up and go to walmart, auto zone, whatever or a mom and pop shop if you hate big retailers if you want a new one. if you're ok with used, you can probably find someone somewhere that is parting out their 250, and buy their battery for cheap. shipping is a bitch on batteries, so i think you'd be better off just buying it new nearby.

while you get your bike going, get a quote from hoblick for a inspection and whatever other work you want/need done. just remember, as reasonable as he is on the work he does, for simple stuff (oil change, lubing chain, getting bike ready for winter) it is still going to be cheaper for you to do it.

well yeah I figured. That's why I am hoping to find someone to help me look over it. I am all about the dont do it for me, show me how to do it so I can do it in the future. It's how I learned to build computers, build other shit, cook, etc. It would also help if I can just get my bike to my garage since right now it's chillin outside. I'm trying to do all of this the cheapest way possible, since starting next week, I will be paying to 2 places for a couple of months and really wont have any money at all.