new battery

ninjachic

Sorry but I'm too far away. It's going to take a lot more than some fart fuel and flirting to get me there.

Just take your battery out.

I've never worked on a ninja 250 but I'm guessing its under the seat. Should be 2 bolts under the back edges of your seat to undo (turn counter clockwise). Then lift the back of your seat and pull it towards the rear of the bike. Now there should be a couple of bolts holding the wires to the terminals undo those. There may be a rubber strap holding down the battery hooked on each side, unhook that. Lift battery out.

Now obtain a charger.

Pokey offered one earlier.

Hook battery to charger.

Self explaining.

After battery is charged re install it.

Reverse instructions on how to remove it.

Start the bike.

If it won't start something is fucked up, tow it to Hoblick. Or buy a new battery you'll need it.

If it starts ride it to Hoblicks place and don't stall it.

Once at Hoblicks don't bother flirting you can't compete with his wife.

Should be all the help you need to take care of this. Now do it to it.

Thank you. That basically was my plan. and I am getting the charger from pokey on Sat. But now thanks to you, I know how to get the battery out of my bike. And I wasnt planning on flirting with Hoblick. I've heard about his wife. I just need to get the money together to have him fix it first.

He's just jealous cuz he's too far away to get some chili and enchiladas :D

No you should remember the weather where I'm at is in the 70's pretty much everyday still so I'm still out riding without bundling up. Also I'm in an area where I can get real enchiladas and chimichangas real easy.

Thank you. That basically was my plan. and I am getting the charger from pokey on Sat. But now thanks to you, I know how to get the battery out of my bike. And I wasnt planning on flirting with Hoblick. I've heard about his wife. I just need to get the money together to have him fix it first.

Might be helpful. ;) Negative cable off first, make sure it doesnt contact the battery terminal while taking off the positive side. Take battery out, hook up the charger to the battery....then plug it in. Hopefully battery is good and charged now, then hook positive up first, then the negative. See you Saturday, and I will answer any questions for you that I can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2d4k2IPap8

Your starting to sound like the girl that walks around a party after half a mikes hard lemonade saying "I'm soooo drunk right now, someone could really take advantage of me."

Hahahahahaha yes! This is the perfect analogy to this broad. I've been trying to think all day how to put it or what to say that was both accurate and comical and you sir have nailed it

Buy a battery, throw it in and go from there

I am not going to read all of this so sorry if some one else has said this.

Go to http://www.ninjette.org there are diy threads for YOUR bike on here.

You need to learn how to do basic maintenance yourself. You will need tools so start small like with the battery then oil changes, chain maintenance, air filter...etc...

If you are getting a place with a garage you could start with a general good cleaning over the winter.

There are plenty of people here who will help you and will teach you.

Edited by snot

ah got it. If I had the money for that one, I would def buy it in a heartbeat. I do not doubt that snot has taken great care of it too.

Yes she is in almost perfect condition.... but she will be gone soon :cry:

Hellmutt and i used the above website to do all the work on it ourselves.

Might be helpful. ;) Negative cable off first, make sure it doesnt contact the battery terminal while taking off the positive side. Take battery out, hook up the charger to the battery....then plug it in. Hopefully battery is good and charged now, then hook positive up first, then the negative. See you Saturday, and I will answer any questions for you that I can.

Thank you sir. That helps a lot.

Hahahahahaha yes! This is the perfect analogy to this broad. I've been trying to think all day how to put it or what to say that was both accurate and comical and you sir have nailed it

Buy a battery, throw it in and go from there

no that is not an accurate statement of me at all. and anyone who knows me could tell you that. which of course wouldnt be anyone on here.

I am not going to read all of this so sorry if some one else has said this.

Go to http://www.ninjette.org there are diy threads for YOUR bike on here.

You need to learn how to do basic maintenance yourself. You will need tools so start small like with the battery then oil changes, chain maintenance, air filter...etc...

If you are getting a place with a garage you could start with a general good cleaning over the winter.

There are plenty of people here who will help you and will teach you.

That's awesome. Thank you so much. This is exactly when I've needed. this is teach me to do it instead of having someone do it for me which like I said earlier is exactly what I am about.

Yes she is in almost perfect condition.... but she will be gone soon :cry:

Hellmutt and i used the above website to do all the work on it ourselves.

Awwww. That's so sad.

no that is not an accurate statement of me at all. and anyone who knows me could tell you that. which of course wouldnt be anyone on here.

I just find it curious that an ex of a member is all "hEy LOOk aT mee!?!1!2" and everyone is jumping all over the fake flirt tease bullshit like they've never seen a girl before. Hell i actually am now finding it more comical than annoying

I find it hilarious that people get annoyed at others joking around and having some fun to pass the day.... she offered food in return for help working on her bike... several people have offered beer, chipotle, pizza, etc... in return for work on their bikes no different.... chill out people winter isn't even in full swing yet

I just find it curious that an ex of a member is all "hEy LOOk aT mee!?!1!2" and everyone is jumping all over the fake flirt tease bullshit like they've never seen a girl before. Hell i actually am now finding it more comical than annoying

I am helping out because I am like that, enjoy meeting OhioRiders peeps too. I like her personality, and she seems eager and willing to learn and do things herself "I admire that". She like motorcycles, guns, drinking "although she does have questionable taste in whiskey". :monkeypoo:

I find it hilarious that people get annoyed at others joking around and having some fun to pass the day.... she offered food in return for help working on her bike... several people have offered beer, chipotle, pizza, etc... in return for work on their bikes no different.... chill out people winter isn't even in full swing yet

thank you. that's all it is. A little fun. Yeah I'm not your normal average girl and know how to hold my own when it comes to guys. yeah, my ex is a member of this site. so what? me being on here has nothing to do with him. So find a chill pill, eat a sammich relax and have a little fun.

Another suggestion... there are some members on ninjette that are also in ohio. 1 is in Cleveland and has a pre gen that he tracks at Mid O. He maybe very helpful on diagnosing your bike.

thank you. I will def look into that.

I am helping out because I am like that, enjoy meeting OhioRiders peeps too. I like her personality, and she seems eager and willing to learn and do things herself "I admire that". She like motorcycles, guns, drinking "although she does have questionable taste in whiskey". :monkeypoo:

thank you again. that's my whole point right there. I'm all about meeting people. Which is why i have the 2 jobs that I do. I meet a ton of people every day and I love it. The people that I have met on here already are great. And I appreciate the help and am always willing to help others as well. and i'm irish. what irishman doesnt love whiskey?

Jack Daniels is rot gut shit, you need to try some of the most excellent Kentucky Bourbons. If you want "good" Tennessee whiskey, look not further than George Dickle. And since you mention being Irish.....well there are some serious Irish whiskeys and scotch whisky out there. :bow:

Jack Daniels is rot gut shit, you need to try some of the most excellent Kentucky Bourbons. If you want "good" Tennessee whiskey, look not further than George Dickle. And since you mention being Irish.....well there are some serious Irish whiskeys and scotch whisky out there. :bow:

haha. oh trust me i love my irish whiskeys as well. I'll have to try the george dickle. I've just always been able to hold my jack the best.

A good one now is Edwin Williams apple orchard...the honey is good too.

oh i wanna try that too.

Worst jump was a guy that had his battery installed backwards, because the store sold him reversed terminals.

wow. I bought a battery once that had the terminals reversed.... tried to figure out a way to stretch my cables to fit with them still hooked up correctly... ended up just returning the battery for the correct one. How do you not notice something like that?!

wow. I bought a battery once that had the terminals reversed.... tried to figure out a way to stretch my cables to fit with them still hooked up correctly... ended up just returning the battery for the correct one. How do you not notice something like that?!

Haha because a lot of people aren't very observant.

dad sold a ford pinto when I was a kid, it was a pretty decent specimen, would fire up and run first crank every time.

Dad sold it without the battery (told the buyer to bring a battery when he came to pick it up)

Buyer showed up as we were sitting down to dinner.

We heard the car cranking but it wouldn't start...weird, it usually fired up first try.

Dad went out to investigate, turns out they had the battery hooked up backwards... i thought it was very strange that a ford pinto would actually try to crank the engine backwards.... you'd think they would have a diode or something in the starter to prevent that sort of thing.