Who wants to chip in?

ScubaCinci

WOW, I wondered what was going to happen to the track. I gave up searching for news a couple years ago.

$2.5M seems like a steal as some guy just built his own 1.1mile track for a couple mil.

I would love to see the business case on this one to see what kind of cash flow they assumed it would produce.

I will agree with that place being doomed from day one, I went there a couple of times to build tirewalls in exchange for track time credit. In my eyes some very disorganized operations and some bad luck due to some funds being hacked. It's a beautiful place I went around it as a passenger in a big suburban and it looked to be a complicated and complex format I would love to lap the place on full pace. My full pace that is.

If that's the track I am thinking it is, Nascar ran there a few seasons back. The thing I remember being said about it was how terrible the surface was. It was so bad it prevented cars from attaining any of the really fast speeds we like to see from Nascar.

My cuz lives in Louisville and says the place usually packs people in, at least a few years back when he and I were talking about it.

If that's the track I am thinking it is, Nascar ran there a few seasons back. The thing I remember being said about it was how terrible the surface was. It was so bad it prevented cars from attaining any of the really fast speeds we like to see from Nascar.

My cuz lives in Louisville and says the place usually packs people in, at least a few years back when he and I were talking about it.

You are thinking of KY Speedway which is relatively close by and would help draw customers to the OP track if someone were to open it. It's a GP style track and I believe the original intent was to run it like a country club where there would be member dues which allowed access to the facilities.

This guy blew $7.5M

http://jalopnik.com/5849231/in-his-front-yard-this-man-built-americas-largest-private-racetrack

3.9 is a steal. Some group of investor or rich types are going to grab this up and us SW-Ohio types might have a local track by 2014. Putnam has to be a bit concerned now that this is on the market as it has the potential to take the Louisville, Cinci, Dayton and even Indy customers.