2013 motoseries novice riders?

candybluzx6

Jeff I don't recally you being much slower than me if at all at the end of last season. jbotapotamus is right. You get faster by running with faster guys. My last session with the guys from the A group at PIRC last year pretty much solidfied things in my mind that the only way I was going to get faster was to get racing. I am nowhere near jbot, Brandon, Craig, or the others, but ready to get after it. You are more than capable.

I definitely agree, I was slower than anyone out there when I started, but I figured it was how I'd get faster. From the last Saturday at Nelson last year to that same Sunday I dropped 3+ seconds, just by going race pace. And I run my track days to improve so as fast as I can.

It will only help.

This i y i am going to race this year. I feel i am to slow and nervous ass hell but alot of people say i will be fine cause being passed dont bother me (i have a lot of practice with being passed) and i hold my line.i Just need to stop being a pussy and twist the gas more and realy need to work on braking later.

I definitely agree, I was slower than anyone out there when I started, but I figured it was how I'd get faster. From the last Saturday at Nelson last year to that same Sunday I dropped 3+ seconds, just by going race pace. And I run my track days to improve so as fast as I can.

It will only help.

Didn't you drop time by following a super cool instructer around? :p

Jeff I don't recally you being much slower than me if at all at the end of last season. jbotapotamus is right. You get faster by running with faster guys. My last session with the guys from the A group at PIRC last year pretty much solidfied things in my mind that the only way I was going to get faster was to get racing. I am nowhere near jbot, Brandon, Craig, or the others, but ready to get after it. You are more than capable.

Yeah,those guys above are fast for sure!

I'll get faster with more track time,and I don't mind getting passed.

Maybe some of us noobs can take race school together!

Then it's HJ's for all to celebrate !

Come out for rd 1. I have last place covered :)

Which class are you planning ot run? I am probably gonna start off in the 750GT, and maybe a Mini 20. Not sure if I'll do both that first weekend as that will surely be an expensive one.

The 40 or the 20 are both good places to start. It's the most "bang for the buck" as far as money spent and laps you get to put in. Also they're not quite as competitive as the sprint races are, however that has been changing the last couple years with more and more signing up for both of them.

750GT is a good race to get your feet wet in the sprints, however a lot of people have this same idea and that class was filling up too. I say if you are going to run sprints, just run the 600's where you belong.

We will ice up John's hands.

That works.

I figured that I wasn't the only one tip-toeing into the sprint races with the 750 class, but figued it would be something that either a)made me more comfortable to run in the cluster of 600s or b) make me want to move up to a machine applicable to that class. Won't know until I get there. But the sprints sound good too. Then again, how much fun can if be to be lapped by what's-his-nuts (Wayne, I think) on the R1 3 times by the time my 20 minutes is over?

The good thing about the 600 sprints is the grid sizes. You're much more likely to find someone running the same pace as you that you can follow/chase/pass and have fun racing with vs. the 750 GT where there's 6-10 riders. Whether you win or finish last, the fun part about racing is having someone you can compete with and someone to chase down, etc.

And trust me, Wayne did his fair share of making me feel foolish when I first started racing and running just the mini 20. I think that was my first milestone in racing when I finally passed Wayne.

That works.

I figured that I wasn't the only one tip-toeing into the sprint races with the 750 class, but figued it would be something that either a)made me more comfortable to run in the cluster of 600s or b) make me want to move up to a machine applicable to that class. Won't know until I get there. But the sprints sound good too. Then again, how much fun can if be to be lapped by what's-his-nuts (Wayne, I think) on the R1 3 times by the time my 20 minutes is over?

One thing I can say is I never got lapped 3 times in the mini 20, twice by some of the liter bikes, but that was only the first time.

I may actually run a few sprints this season, mainly if I have something planned that I need to leave earlier in the day to get home, and then one here and there just for fun.

The good thing about the 600 sprints is the grid sizes. You're much more likely to find someone running the same pace as you that you can follow/chase/pass and have fun racing with vs. the 750 GT where there's 6-10 riders. Whether you win or finish last, the fun part about racing is having someone you can compete with and someone to chase down, etc.

And trust me, Wayne did his fair share of making me feel foolish when I first started racing and running just the mini 20. I think that was my first milestone in racing when I finally passed Wayne.

That's a good point about the 600s and finding a "running mate". I kind of like though the aspect of a thinner field for the first few races. Maybe my mind will change once I get through my first 600 race or if I get bored with the 750 guys. (Chasing them that is. I know what I am not, lol.)

I guess if it helps get the butterflies out for the first few rounds do what makes you comfortable. But how am I going to stuff you into turn 1 if you're racing the 750? Therefor you should race the 600 sprints!

I guess if it helps get the butterflies out for the first few rounds do what makes you comfortable. But how am I going to stuff you into turn 1 if you're racing the 750? Therefor you should race the 600 sprints!

You assume I am going to give up my line.:D

Yeah,those guys above are fast for sure!

I'll get faster with more track time,and I don't mind getting passed.

Maybe some of us noobs can take race school together!

Then it's HJ's for all to celebrate !

You sign up for the 4th?

Race school HJ's....that sounds like a hazing ritual that will be fun.

Did you buy the 07 Gix on the STT forum from Chicago? Pretty good deal there. Looks clean.

yessir! I thought so too.. plan is to atleast take a look at the spare engine and hope it's an easy fix to either keep as a spare or sell off for some extra $$

You sign up for the 4th?

Race school HJ's....that sounds like a hazing ritual that will be fun.

I haven't signed up yet!

I have to wait till I find out what day I'm leaving for S.Carolina to see my daughter graduate from USC.

If I miss all thr HJ action I'm not gonna be happy !!!

yessir! I thought so too.. plan is to atleast take a look at the spare engine and hope it's an easy fix to either keep as a spare or sell off for some extra $$

Sweet! r1crusher and I have been tinkering with mine the last couple weeks. Just little mods to get us out in the garage, but handy stuff. I have the service manual for it in PDF if you'd like it.