48 degree ride anyone?

Bitani

I'm prolly gonna be putzing around the Cinti/NKY area later today, after it warms a bit. It's a long roll for you on a cold day, but just giving you a heads-up.

Sounds fine to me. You know better roads than I! I only have to be back up here by 6, so I've got basically all day.

I sent you a text.

I remember the days when I was new to riding. I was out as long as it was 40 or above.

Nowadays....HELL NO! :lol: 60 or above only for me.

Sheit! I'm not new to riding. I'm 62 and I've been riding since I was 15. Left the house at 2:15, rode down to NKY and met up with Dice32 from LocalRider, had a beer sitting on the park bench in Rabbit Hash, then rode back across the river around 4:30 on 275. Speedo maybe touched 125 at some point, but not sure 'cause I had my eyes closed....

Stopped in Ross to meet a few friends who were just getting off work. I just got home a few minutes ago. Last few miles on the west side of Cinti the temp on the dash was wavering between 31 and 32 degrees. No heated gear! Admittedly, fingers were a little crispy when I got home. Whiskey in front of the fireplace feels purty good right now...

Sheit! I'm not new to riding. I'm 62 and I've been riding since I was 15. Left the house at 2:15, rode down to NKY and met up with Dice32 from LocalRider, had a beer sitting on the park bench in Rabbit Hash, then rode back across the river around 4:30 on 275. Speedo maybe touched 125 at some point, but not sure 'cause I had my eyes closed....

Stopped in Ross to meet a few friends who were just getting off work. I just got home a few minutes ago. Last few miles on the west side of Cinti the temp on the dash was wavering between 31 and 32 degrees. No heated gear! Admittedly, fingers were a little crispy when I got home. Whiskey in front of the fireplace feels purty good right now...

I was referring to Bitani. You riding for 47 years in that weather and not a newbie just says you're a NUTJOB! :lol::p

I was referring to Bitani. You riding for 47 years in that weather and not a newbie just says you're a NUTJOB! :lol::p

Psht. 45 degrees isn't cold. Today was only 50, but freaking wonderful!

Even when I started I wasn't out and about at like freezing temperature!

Not a nutjob...just have four bikes and somehow have to justify to The Old Lady that I need ALL OF 'EM!!! When she comes home from work, she goes around the garage and feels all of the cylinder heads to see if they're warm. It's gonna be a bitch to keep all of 'em 'ridden' once the temps start to get really cold. Gonna have to invest in several of those plug-in block heaters to keep her in the dark.... ;)

Either that or I'm gonna have to move to south Texas or southern California so I can ride year round.