Completed the Concaeal Carry Class

ScubaCinci

Went to an Armed2Defend all day class in Cbus yesterday and finally got this done after talking about doing it for a few years. There was an interesting mix of people in there (there were 70+) and some of the questions asked (seemed like over and over) by a few people reminded me of this scene from Armed and Dangerous...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yKKhbNnoJQ

• Upvote 2

I'm pretty excited about it. Its gonna be a long day, but I'm glad that I don't have to block off my entire weekend for it!

Thanks so much for posting up about it on FB. The deal they gave us for booking as a couple was awesome! :)

No shit! There were maybe 12 in my class and 2 instructors.

Wasn't too bad, they had several people helping, more on the range. If I had a choice, I would have gone with a smaller class but I had no idea how many people would be in there. It sounded like they overbooked a bit because ppl can schedule and pay the day of class and typically they get a lot of no shows. I guess because of the shooting last week, it gave ppl more incentive to show up.

I am looking into becoming an instructor. I enjoy helping new people into the hobby. I don't plan to get rich but would need to charge fees ( once certified) to offset cost of instructor insurance. Second biggest expense is range time. i have a group of friends that want me to teach them the basic pistol class but since they in a rural area we can safely shoot outdoors.

When I took my class there was only 6 people at one of the guys home.

some of the questions asked (seemed like over and over)

I was thinking about what you learn over 10 hours of classroom time for a CCW..... I'm pretty sure I can nail down the basics of quantum physics in 10 hours, why does it take so much classroom time? I haven't been through the class yet, but I was thinking that a person would benefit from slightly less classroom time, and slightly more range time.... we'll see how my opinion changes after I know what I'm talking about though.

I got my training early this year, just haven't got the license yet :o

I did mine at a place just south of Oxford and loved it. We had 7 people an 1 instructor but the range was 1 person at a time with him watching you like a hawk and giving great advice. If I would have known you were looking to do this I could have recommended him an saved ya a trip all the way to Columbus :p

I was thinking about what you learn over 10 hours of classroom time for a CCW..... I'm pretty sure I can nail down the basics of quantum physics in 10 hours, why does it take so much classroom time? I haven't been through the class yet, but I was thinking that a person would benefit from slightly less classroom time, and slightly more range time.... we'll see how my opinion changes after I know what I'm talking about though.

Ohio law dictates that there must be 12 hours of training.