Ruger LC9

Howabusa

So, Laser is not worth the $50 extra?

I would argue that a laser on a CHL is a bad thing even if free.

You will become dependent on it because you will use it at the range and will not learn how to quickly and properly acquire the target through the sights. And then when you are fighting for your life it won't be on, it will malfunction, or the battery will die and so will you.

Edited by Tonik
Fixed my crappy spelling

If I thought this was a legitimate question and not troll food, I would answer.

I'll be the first to admit, I don't know shit about shooting. Just the expectation is that if you put that red dot on something, the bullet would go there...

Kinda like a laser level, line up the bubbles, flip the switch and you get a straight flat line.

You will become dependent on it because you will use it at the range and will not learn how to quickly and properly acquire the target through the sights. And then when you are fighting for your life it won't be on, it will malfunction, or the battery will die and so will you.

I don't disagree in theory but if you have a laser sight, you should be disciplined enough to learn how to use both competently. I think the laser could be beneficial in certain circumstances.

I would get the lazer to have to play around with but i would not use it to carry, one less thing to think about in a bad situation. When you need to draw down on someone you dont need the distraction of making the lazer turn on and or looking for a red dot. But i would buy it with the gun because if you want one later they are closer to $100. But if carry is 100% if the gun use, save the $50

I can barely see mine at the range. Even w a newer battery. Imagine it would be the same in most outdoor/daytime scenarios. That and the light doesnt always activate. Crimson Trace on an LCP

Nobama 2012

How deep are your pockets? :p In a pinch I've done it but prefer the gun holstered IWB.;)

I pocketed my LCP and liked it. Admittedly, I know its not the best option however I found it to be the most comfortable so I'm trying to see if a pocket 9mm can be had

I only pocket carry as I see it being the best option. The LC9 doesn't fit a jeans pocket well.

I bet I could pocket it in a pair of my jeans. Because for some reason manufacturers think fat guys need space to hide dinner rolls and what not in the pockets.

• Upvote 1