I want everyone to hate me, apparently.

Scruit

Correlation does not equal causation. Not all spree shooters have been gamers, and even those that were there's no evidence of it being a driving stimulus.

There was in increase in mass murders and spree shooters happening well before the modern FPS.

Give a crazy kid violent video games, or Ozzy albums, or horror movies, or whatever...and it can fuel nasty thoughts. But then, we had psychopaths and violent nutters before there there any of those things.

That is so very true, and blaming games, movies or music for a persons chosen actions, is called a SCAPEGOAT.

I tend to not believe every study. I would have to research who did the study as anyone can spin it how they want. I prefer neutral parties doing them, not saying the ones you posted are or aren't, I would have to look into it.

Nothing wrong with being skeptical, "Figures don't lie but liars can figure" ;)

But to those who've witnessed the effects on susceptible individuals it is a no brainer to limit if not remove exposure.

Yeah, but cars weren't designed as weapons.

Well, wait, no that's not true. This one was....

urban+assault+vehicle.jpg

See, if a car runs you down and the driver meant to do it, you're not even hurt or killed...because only guns designed for offensive murder can actually harm you.

And thus, they are special evil...the kind of evil that makes normal people bad people.

Of course there was also Christine.

hvbENHO8XpckJmlP4Aovc3HEfAN.jpg

Edited by Pokey

That is so very true, and blaming games, movies or music for a persons chosen actions, is called a SCAPEGOAT.

So do you plan to let your kid have unlimited access to violent video games and movies? Why not?:confused: It's just a scapegoat. Come on Casper, you love your kid more than that and so does Carrie. Not to mention I hope you are a more involved parent than someone who parks their kid in front of a video game so you can have down time. :rolleyes:

So do you plan to let your kid have unlimited access to violent video games and movies? Why not?:confused: It's just a scapegoat. Come on Casper, you love your kid more than that and so does Carrie. Not to mention I hope you are a more involved parent than someone who parks their kid in front of a video game so you can have down time. :rolleyes:

I am not Casper!!!!!!!!!! :confused:

The first school massacre was in 1764. 1 teacher and 10 children killed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontiac%27s_Rebellion_school_massacre

I wonder if the killers were playing Call of Duty or GTA??

Probably all of the anti-depressents, or violent movies and rap records.

I dunno.

No wait, it was the pervasive gun culture that glorified non-existent assault weapons.

Bingo!!!

I dunno.

No wait, it was the pervasive gun culture that glorified non-existent assault weapons.

Bingo!!!

Was that an adult or a kid who did the shooting?

Sorry, posting too fast Brian.

:o

LOL no problem Luke! We can surely put allot of the blame back on parents, many these days are not being good parents and role models for their kids. I am not my sons friend, I am his Dad but we can also be friends later. :cool: Games and movies are the babysitters, get those kids out of the house and spend some quality time with them. Too many parents are "do as I say, not as I do". No doubt that environment has detrimental or positive effects on all of us, but young people especially are most susceptible.

Was that an adult or a kid who did the shooting?

Wasn't gunplay, and I have no idea of their ages.

The news programming back then sucked major donkey balls. Took 3 weeks to get the CNN wagon to the scene.

Most of the mass shootings in the last 20 years were not perpetrated by children.

So are we now just going to move the goalposts and focus on kids so that the video game influence looks more damning?

Wasn't gunplay, and I have no idea of their ages.

The news programming back then sucked major donkey balls. Took 3 weeks to get the CNN wagon to the scene.

Most of the mass shootings in the last 20 years were not perpetrated by children.

So are we now just going to move the goalposts and focus on kids so that the video game influence looks more damning?

I thought the information I posted made it clear I was focusing on the effect of video games on kids, although the effect is shown to progress into adulthood as any childhood experience does.

Too many parents are "do as I say, not as I do". No doubt that environment has detrimental or positive effects on all of us, but young people especially are most susceptible.

You got it. I know you and Swing are parents. So I'd like you to think, do you know parents with kids who are overtly hostile? Are the parents that way? What other influences do you see as causes or are these kids just damaged goods?

I dunno.

Bingo!!!

Totally different - that's during a "war".

Sorry to take this back to gun topic but it is something that made me laugh. Magz seems to have a serious misconception of semi-auto firearms. A bolt action firearm in the hands of a trained shooter can be fired accurately and just as quickly as a semi-auto firearm. I have personally demonstrated this while shooting in competition. I have used both a bolt action British Enfield rifle and the American made M-1903 bolt action rifles in competition against the semi-auto AR-15's and also Garand and M1A rifles. Just Google the mad minute. I have never tried from 300 yard but my personal best at 100 yards is 22 hits with 28 fired inside a 12 inch target. With a gun that holds 10 bullets that works out to one bullet fired roughly every second and the time it takes to do two reloads. You need to be hauling ass to make it work but it can be done. Oh And if you don't bother to look it up. The record stands at 38 hits in one minute on a 12 inch target 300 yards away. This was done in 1914 with a bolt action rifle and has not been beaten since.

Two stripper clips on the enfield and you're back in business in a few seconds. If the delay in reloading is supposed to give people time to flee or attack the gunman then even an enfield can be reloaded with one stripper clip in seconds.

Always had a soft spot for the .303 as my first firearms training was on an Enfield. Then an SLR (FAL), then an SA80.

So, how do you account for irresponsible store owners?

http://www.wfsb.com/story/20396452/east-windsor-gun-store-under-fire-after-man-caught-stealing-rifle?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=8090780

Marsh, who Hodge said suffers from schizophrenia as well as other mental issues, was off his medication when he was arrested Saturday.

"It's unbelievable," Hodge said after seeing the story on WFSB.

Police said Riverview Gun Sales had no idea the AR-15 Marsh stole was missing. Management at the store didn't know about 11 guns that Marsh had allegedly stolen last year until they were notified by detectives.

Inventory control issues at Riverview Gun Sales have occurred before. In 2007, state police raided a Somers home and found a bunch of stolen guns from the store.

"It was found that the same Riverview gun store was missing upwards of 30-plus guns," said East Windsor police Detective Matthew Carl.

You come down hard on them. That iss not personal freedoms that business.

Two stripper clips on the enfield and you're back in business in a few seconds. If the delay in reloading is supposed to give people time to flee or attack the gunman then even an enfield can be reloaded with one stripper clip in seconds.

Always had a soft spot for the .303 as my first firearms training was on an Enfield. Then an SLR (FAL), then an SA80.

I have a soft spot for them too.

Enfields_Circle.jpg

I do realize that these are weapons of war, still being used by militaries around the world and no one should have access to a bolt action rifle, but sue me....they're just so fun.

Good find. She really describes the situation well from a victims standpoint and I lover her Brady comment. It wasn't an assault rifle he was shot with, it WAS a .22.:rolleyes:

Such a good example that I posted it in another thread too......I see that you did also. :cool: