I want everyone to hate me, apparently.

Scruit

I'd argue that purchasing, loading and carrying the gun makes it more than a split-second decision unless you are talking about concealed carry. Gun crimes by concealed carry holders are proportionally closer to "unheard of" that "common".

All of the CCW guys have already purchased, loaded, and are carrying, so now it's a split second decision. Regardless of their emotional/mental state or understanding of the situation around them, death is now a point and squeeze away from anyone in their vicinity. I don't trust that people are typically good at split second decisions. That's all.

All of the CCW guys have already purchased, loaded, and are carrying, so now it's a split second decision. Regardless of their emotional/mental state or understanding of the situation around them, death is now a point and squeeze away from anyone in their vicinity. I don't trust that people are typically good at split second decisions. That's all.

[Rant! on?]:rant:Magled, you troll like you live under a bridge. Go f'n take the CCW class, have a meeting with the County sheriff and see how many people die because YOU have an itchy trigger finger and inability to make good decisions. Or don't because YOU think you have an itchy trigger finger and inability to make good decisions. But STOP making stupid statements based on your views as they are like listening to a premenstrual emo teenage girl who gets all her info from Justin Bieber. :rolleyes: How have you managed to not kill yourself on a motorcycle? You must not actually own one as real bikes require split second decisions in heavy traffic. Something you fear. [rant~off]:D

• Upvote 1

[Rant! on?]How have you managed to not kill yourself on a motorcycle? You must not actually own one as real bikes require split second decisions in heavy traffic. Something you fear. [rant~off]:D

Again, when I'm riding a motorcycle, and I make the wrong decision, I've only really put myself in jeopardy. Everyone else has armor (a steel cage) around them to protect them from injury. I have no problem with people taking their own lives into their own hands, it's when they take other people's lives into their own hands that I'm concerned...

and yes, I think people are bad at split second decisions, which is why I keep aware of my surroundings on the bike. If i don't like what someone is doing, I don't shoot them, I get the hell away from them.

Edited by magley64

Again, when I'm riding a motorcycle, and I make the wrong decision, I've only really put myself in jeopardy. Everyone else has armor (a steel cage) around them to protect them from injury. I have no problem with people taking their own lives into their own hands, it's when they take other people's lives into their own hands that I'm concerned...

Can you actually be serious? I doubt it. No one is this incompetent or numb in the head. So you fear every police officer you see? You fear every car driver putting you at risk? You must not fly in planes, go to the doctor or have tattoos? You obviously would see the imminent danger you are in trusting those people not to kill you. Please go back to your cave and hide! It's not safe out here because we didn't foam pad all the corners.

You must be a joy to work with, "Dam Bob you almost killed me when you rolled your chair back from your desk". :rolleyes:

and yes, I think people are bad at split second decisions, which is why I keep aware of my surroundings on the bike. If i don't like what someone is doing, I don't shoot them, I get the hell away from them.

So it's no big deal if you mess up, hit a car and die because of it. Now someone has to go through life knowing they killed someone even though it wasn't their fault.

Again, when I'm riding a motorcycle, and I make the wrong decision, I've only really put myself in jeopardy. Everyone else has armor (a steel cage) around them to protect them from injury.

OMG seriously? That right there is like saying no one in a steel cage has ever gotten hurt or killed in a crash. :nono:

So it's no big deal if you mess up, hit a car and die because of it. Now someone has to go through life knowing they killed someone even though it wasn't their fault.

I should have the right to risk my life... I shouldn't have the right to risk yours.

I should have the right to risk my life... I shouldn't have the right to risk yours.

How in anyway are you JUST risking YOUR life? ok scenerio - On the highway, You cut in front of someone on your bike and the person in front of you brakes hard, so you brake hard as well, and so does the person behind. Well you squeezed in such a tight spot that you hit the person in front of you and the person behind you hits you and that car so hard at such a high speed, that he spins off the road, rolls the car and guess what dies. That's risking his life as well not just your own. Just because he's in a steel cage and you're not doesnt mean he's gonna survive too.

Can you actually be serious? I doubt it. No one is this incompetent or numb in the head. So you fear every police officer you see? You fear every car driver putting you at risk? You must not fly in planes, go to the doctor or have tattoos? You obviously would see the imminent danger you are in trusting those people not to kill you. Please go back to your cave and hide! It's not safe out here because we didn't foam pad all the corners.

You must be a joy to work with, "Dam Bob you almost killed me when you rolled your chair back from your desk". :rolleyes:

lets go through every one here...

Police officers? I'm not easygoing around them, I don't do anything that would make them think i might be threatening...but then they get extra training.

Every car driver? absolutely, I always ride like I'm invisible. It's the way I've always ridden, it's why I stay aware of my surroundings. The general public can't drive for shit.

Commercial pilots? They have a ton of training and additional requirements...

Doctors? a decade of specialized training or more...

Tatoos? No, i'm not trusting some flunkie artist to stab me with needles to make a decorative statement, I'm fine the way I am.

chairs rolling aren't typically traveling at a high enough speed to cause death. bullets are...

Edited by magley64

How in anyway are you JUST risking YOUR life? ok scenerio - On the highway, You cut in front of someone on your bike and the person in front of you brakes hard, so you brake hard as well, and so does the person behind. Well you squeezed in such a tight spot that you hit the person in front of you and the person behind you hits you and that car so hard at such a high speed, that he spins off the road, rolls the car and guess what dies. That's risking his life as well not just your own. Just because he's in a steel cage and you're not doesnt mean he's gonna survive too.

if he/she was driving too fast to handle the speed of their car, they put themselves at risk.

if he/she was driving too fast to handle the speed of their car, they put themselves at risk.

In that situtation they probably could have handled the car fine, if you hadnt cut them off. But my point is Yes you yourself is at risk, but just because they have a steel cage, doesnt mean they arent at risk too. That steel cage doesnt prevent from getting injured or killed.

In that situtation they probably could have handled the car fine, if you hadnt cut them off. But my point is Yes you yourself is at risk, but just because they have a steel cage, doesnt mean they arent at risk too. That steel cage doesnt prevent from getting injured or killed.

no, but it does stop me from directly injuring or killing them in most situations.

no, but it does stop me from directly injuring or killing them in most situations.

seriously? You are saying that your actions cannot directly injure or kill them? Ah yeah they can. You might not be able to hit and take out a car, but your ACTIONS and DESICIONS can still directly affect how they drive and react. Kinda like reacting to a deer in the middle of the road. That can still injure or hurt them.

NC

Trying to reason with Magz is pointless. He is stubborn, convinced he is right, and wrong on many counts. Yes, a very annoying combination.

Pointing out his flawed logic is pretty easy, and sometimes even entertaining. But his simplistic view of the world around him will not change.

WC~Troll-girl-irish.png

• Upvote 1

NC

Trying to reason with Magz is pointless. He is stubborn, convinced he is right, and wrong on many counts. Yes, a very annoying combination.

Pointing out his flawed logic is pretty easy, and sometimes even entertaining. But his simplistic view of the world around him will not change.

WC~Troll-girl-irish.png

Which is what saddens me the most about America today. So many people are so close-minded that no problem can ever be truely solved. It's part of the saying "Take a step back and look at the big picture." Open you're eyes and open your mind, and the world will be such a better place.

Which is what saddens me the most about America today. So many people are so close-minded that no problem can ever be truely solved. It's part of the saying "Take a step back and look at the big picture." Open you're eyes and open your mind, and the world will be such a better place.

You're not going to change my mind about what a gun is or what it's designed to do...

It has no practical application in the real world other than assaulting people... Sure you can use it for "play time" but it doesn't change what it is or what it does.

We can discuss what reaonable steps can be taken to regulate them, or if those steps will have any impact on their use on the street. How those regulations will affect people, or what effect those regulations will have on the statistics... but arguing that a gun is not what it is is just absurd.

Trying to equate an assault rifle to a motorcycle is intellectually dishonest.

You're not going to change my mind about what a gun is or what it's designed to do...

It has no practical application in the real world other than assaulting people...

Defending People

Trying to equate an assault rifle to a motorcycle is intellectually dishonest.

Like equating an assault rifle to a nuclear bomb??

Edited by Tpoppa

This whole gun control frenzy that's going on now boils down to a simple question for me. What do you want your last words on this Earth to be? I don't want mine to be "Please don't". So I'm very pro-gun. I don't ever want to have to use one, but if I have to I want the ability to defend and protect myself and my family. Period. And I don't want some tool who has full time security around him telling me to "just call the cops, they'll get there soon..."

This whole gun control frenzy that's going on now boils down to a simple question for me. What do you want your last words on this Earth to be? I don't want mine to be "Please don't". So I'm very pro-gun. I don't ever want to have to use one, but if I have to I want the ability to defend and protect myself and my family. Period. And I don't want some tool who has full time security around him telling me to "just call the cops, they'll get there soon..."

what gun do you use to protect your family?

what gun do you use to protect your family?

I have one gun in my house. It's used for home protection and no I don't have a CCW. My personal choice for home protection is an AR15. If someone comes into my house with bad intentions they're going to have a very bad day.

I have one gun in my house. It's used for home protection and no I don't have a CCW. My personal choice for home protection is an AR15. If someone comes into my house with bad intentions they're going to have a very bad day.

exactly. And then there is someone like me. I don't have a family. I'm a 5'3" 150lbs girl who lives by herself. Yes, my doors stay closed and locked at all times. But if by chance I get 3 guys who come into my house with knives or baseball bats, How do you expect me to defend myself?

exactly. And then there is someone like me. I don't have a family. I'm a 5'3" 150lbs girl who lives by herself. Yes, my doors stay closed and locked at all times. But if by chance I get 3 guys who come into my house with knives or baseball bats, How do you expect me to defend myself?

Get your guns sister!!! In situations like that the only fair fight is the one where you're still alive afterwards. Bring your gun to the knife fight.

Edited by 2fat2fly