NRA sees boost in members

Gump

Do you support the NRA's efforts to defend our Second Amendment rights?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the NRA's efforts to defend our Second Amendment rights?

• Yes-Always did
    • No-never have
    • Yes-Do now, due to recent events
    • No-not anymore, due to recent events

I signed up 3 people this week. Only costs $10 for an associate membership, so got my wife, mom and brother a membership.

Also put $100 towards the NRA/ILA.

Bought a new high-cap gun yesterday too.

Why? Because fuck Magz that's why.

Cool. I've been a member off and on for over twenty years. Finally did the life member thing a few months ago. Just got my fairly large life member certificate in a very nice frame from NRA. Today actually.

Yea, I up'd mine from Life to Endowment and got the pretty Framed Certificate too....BUY BUY BUY N O W guys, cause this bastard is going to do his best to screw this country over. He is the biggest Knee Jerk out there and his party will do it's best to take all our freedoms and our money away. A disarmed citizen is an obedient servant.

I signed up 3 people this week. Only costs $10 for an associate membership, so got my wife, mom and brother a membership.

Also put $100 towards the NRA/ILA.

Bought a new high-cap gun yesterday too.

Why? Because fuck Magz that's why.

Magz is a member and supporter for the ACLU.:p Can you hook me up with that same membership, I have been wanting to get a membership to the NRA?

Magz is a member and supporter for the ACLU.:p Can you hook me up with that same membership, I have been wanting to get a membership to the NRA?

Not a member... just a supporter, which I find confusing that you (seemingly, based on tone) aren't.

If you're a second amendment supporter, do the rest of your civil liberties mean nothing?

Not a member... just a supporter, which I find confusing that you (seemingly, based on tone) aren't.

If you're a second amendment supporter, do the rest of your civil liberties mean nothing?

The ACLU is a blatant racist and biased organization, you think they give a good damn about the white man for anything? Well unless you are gay they might care about a white dude or woman. They have become a hate group IMHO, and the entire minority thing needs to go away.......show me an actual minority in the USA now? The ACLU has big supporters like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, that right there says allot.

• Upvote 1

The ACLU is a blatant racist and biased organization, you think they give a good damn about the white man for anything? Well unless you are gay they might care about a white dude or woman. They have become a hate group IMHO, and the entire minority thing needs to go away.......show me an actual minority in the USA now? The ACLU has big supporters like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, that right there says allot.

i'm a minority, greg. can you milk me?

• Upvote 1

that right there says allot.

I think you misspelled "alot"...:D

ALOT2.png

ALOT6.png

The ACLU protects individual liberies from being trampled on by the majority or by the courts.

I'm a member of MANY minority groups, "motorcycle riders", "atheists", "first generation college graduates"... the list goes on, and regardless of how the majority of people think, my rights should remain my rights, even if the majority of others choose to live their lives differently.

It's why my "political" views differ from my "personal" views when it comes to guns. though it's kind of a tricky subject because guns make it a split second decision for anyone to immediately and permanently infringe on another's most basic right, and that is the right to live.

(f you're not familiar with "alot" http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html)

Edited by magley64

It's why my "political" views differ from my "personal" views when it comes to guns. though it's kind of a tricky subject because guns make it a split second decision for anyone to immediately and permanently infringe on another's most basic right, and that is the right to live.

It's not tricky at all, if you're logical and not politicizing and emotionalizing the issue.

It's also a split second decision whether to rape someone, swerve your car into a crowd, or slash someone's throat at the smorgasbord with your steak knife.

What's tricky for you is that you so completely long to see guns banned, but lack the honesty to just come out and say it. You fear and loathe them and feel they are imbued with more evil energy than other commom place items that kill and harm every day....including penises, and hands, and because of this magical power (that you admit is inherent in their design, as "weapons of offense") they compel people to act out....which is why only .0038% of all the guns in this nation were used for crime last year.

No one is fooled by you, practically the entire forum mocks your belief on this issue, wouldn't it just be easier to own your opinion rather than mask it in a transparent cover story about libertarianism you don't actually believe in?

• Upvote 1