Panic Buying thread

AWW$HEEET

Its a .308 how fast/many rounds you think I am gonna fire at a time LOL! They seemed to line up ok? will see when I go to sight it in if I can find ammo for it LOL!

You shouldn't have any issue finding enough ammo to sight it in and it's a semi auto assault weapon of death and destruction. You could fire it really really really fast probably. :D I checked the DPMS site just to be sure it was a low rail gas block and it certainly looked like it. I made sure when I was looking to get one that was "same plane". You'll wind up holding/aiming high to get them to witness right more than likely. They do make BUIS front sights that are taller so that they can be mounted on railed gas blocks that aren't same plane. You're going to pay for them though.

I bought 8 metal 30rnd gov surplus mags for $25 each... Should I buy more?

You mean like the ones PSA frequently sells for 8.99? Sure... buy them all.

I think its funny seeing all the people on armslist complaining about price gouging.

I flagged the DB trying to sell PSA stripped lowers for $275. Of course if you think that's a fair price I've got some for you.

Yeah, I did it... I went to wally world, which I hate, and bought .223 and some 9mm. They had 20 boxes of .223, and about 40 boxes of 9mm. 45, 40, 38, 30-30, 30-06, 12, 20, 410, 22, etc had tones.

Thinking instead of another AR, I'll just get the 870 HD that they carry, 339, and 30 rebate.

Fuck BOAtactical, I made sure to check before AND after I ordered the Pmags and both times said IN STOCK. Even checked the next day, then today they said out of stock. I was like well, they charged my card so they must have processed the order. Nope, got an email saying they are totally out and I can wait until a shipment comes in(which I am), but that if I cancel my order I lose my place in line.

I am going to mention that I don't think they can charge my card until processing the order and fulfilling it, but I may be wrong there? I am definitely going to contact my credit company, who I work for tomorrow and see about that too.

Either way, totally shitty.

Fuck BOAtactical, I made sure to check before AND after I ordered the Pmags and both times said IN STOCK. Even checked the next day, then today they said out of stock. I was like well, they charged my card so they must have processed the order. Nope, got an email saying they are totally out and I can wait until a shipment comes in(which I am), but that if I cancel my order I lose my place in line.

I am going to mention that I don't think they can charge my card until processing the order and fulfilling it, but I may be wrong there? I am definitely going to contact my credit company, who I work for tomorrow and see about that too.

Either way, totally shitty.

Huh. Ya don't say. :nono:

Hey Speedy....a couple of FYI's for you. You won't get those sights to properly line up since the rail on the gas block on that rifle is lower than that of the upper rail. Also, you could melt that front MBUS sight as the gas block can get hot if you run a lot of continuous rounds through it.

Welcome to the panic. :D

Its a .308 how fast/many rounds you think I am gonna fire at a time LOL! They seemed to line up ok? will see when I go to sight it in if I can find ammo for it LOL!

No, they don't line up OK. It's not going to work. :facepalm

Go to the magpul site and read the info on it. Hell, here:

NOTE: Cannot be mounted to a railed gas block due to excess heat issues.

Front MBUS must be mounted to a railed fore end on the same plane as the receiver rail. Because of this the sight is also not compatible with MOE Hand Guards.

Edited by imaposer

Wow. I was just passing info along to him that I and many other are aware of already. He'll find out soon enough, but thanks for the follow up.

:D

I'm just trying to help him as well. Me personally? I would take that DPMS, leave it in the safe and next year, when all this dies down one way or another, Get it to a good gunsmith to go over it and fix all the stuff that typically plagues them from the factory. I'd also join some of the better gun forums and spend some time reading up on them.

snipershide, and M4carbine.net will keep him busy for most of the winter.

No thanks on the "good" gun forums i get enough elitist info passed on to me already. Perhaps i should have checked before i bought the sight set. But at the time i was buying the last gun in my area. I guess i have all winter to bring it up to better standards now.

Somebody will be able to use it. We had a previous thread about the "high" and "low" front rails, and which sights would work. But yeah, front sights are almost all metal because of the heat.

There were some links to a couple of websites that showed both types. You'll be able to match your rear sight with probably several of those. Or start over.

here, this thread: http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=100849&highlight=rail

Or i planned to change out the piece of crap hand guard and replace it with a quad rail. That would in fact level my sights and remove the risk of fire balls starting on the front of my inferior rifle. Sorry my local gun shop did not have every piece i needed to replace today. But they had the majority of them.

Well i have a metal front laying around guess i can swap them. Since it going to not line up an catch on fire.

No worries, man. It's not going to catch fire, there's just a chance it could melt so they have to inform the consumer. Not a big deal.

Or i planned to change out the piece of crap hand guard and replace it with a quad rail. That would in fact level my sights and remove the risk of fire balls starting on the front of my inferior rifle. Sorry my local gun shop did not have every piece i needed to replace today. But they had the majority of them.

As long as the quad rail lines up with your uppers rail you might be okay and could keep the MBUS setup. And your rifle is far from inferior. There are very few perfect ARs and you will pay dearly for one of those.

Enjoy it, upgrade it and make it your own when you can!

i panic bought a buhmaster ar-15

tomorrow i'll try and search for mags and ammo

Nancy has a assault rifle!!!!!

I have a AR lower receiver made by Palameta State Armory, its got a CMMG trigger kit and Lower Parts kit. All thats left needed is a stock and buffer tube. I dont see this whole gun ban going through anytime soon. Too many republicans in the house are current NRA supporters and Harry Reed in the Senate is a NRA supporter. Hes already come out and said he wasnt in support of a ban but was involved of stricter back ground checks and NICS checks on private sales.

I have a AR lower receiver made by Palameta State Armory, its got a CMMG trigger kit and Lower Parts kit. All thats left needed is a stock and buffer tube. I dont see this whole gun ban going through anytime soon. Too many republicans in the house are current NRA supporters and Harry Reed in the Senate is a NRA supporter. Hes already come out and said he wasnt in support of a ban but was involved of stricter back ground checks and NICS checks on private sales.

Amazon is your friend for the rest.