Looking to get a HD

drey4211

Theils Wheels in Upper Sandusky. Ask for Sean or Josh Smiley and tell them T.J. sent you.

Hopefully the HD side is ran better than the metric side. With any luck this Saturday will finally mark the end of my ordeal with them that began exactly 8 months ago as of Saturday. They have gone through at least 4 Service Mangers in that time.

I have a buddy that bough his from Jim's in Mendon and said they are good to deal with.

Edited by cmh_sprint

Never tried to buy an HD, new or used.....can usually get 2 metrics for the same $ as a single Harley.....but have bought a used metric at Gover HD in Piqua. They were great to deal with on the trade in, and the purchase. But other than that first and only experience, I cant say much more about their dealings with bikes/parts since it seemed all else was overpriced in typical HD fashion. Since you're in Dayton, it would be a fairly close dealer to try? Good luck

Edit - Btw, how'd this end up in the "Sponsors" section? Mods may want to move this? Are there even any HD dealer sponsors here?

Edited by Hellmutt

If you are looking for the best cash (no trade) price on a Harley, drive 2 hours east on US 35 and stop by BAXTER'S HD in Gallipolis. I have bought 4 new bikes from them in the past 12 years. Even in the heyday of HD sales they sold at list price with no set-up fees. My 2011 StreetGlide I purchased at $2000 off MSRP at the beginning of the model year. It was totaled in a deer collision and I purchased a leftover end of the model year 2011 at $3000 off MSRP. They are a rural small town dealer that doesn't have a sales manager & salesmen. You work with the gals at the parts/service desk & Benny the owner. Great people that always shout out your name when you walk in the door. I know this sounds like an advertisement but THEY are the reason I ride a Harley. The local Kawasaki and Honda dealers act like you're a bother to them, if they even acknowledge that you walked in the door. No personal or monetary interest in the dealership but as a small businessman myself, I like to give kudos to someone that still runs a business the way it should be run. They just opened a new larger dealership building last month (pushed by HD )and I hope that hasn't affected their pricing structure. I'd at least give them a call.

I am also looking for a HD... Said i would never get one because they are overpriced, but I do like them. Been looking at a couple used ones. Im too old and fat for sport bikes anymore.. my back cant handle it.

Never tried to buy an HD, new or used.....can usually get 2 metrics for the same $ as a single Harley

^^^THIS^^^

My wife has a 07 Vstar 1100 we bought several months ago with around 6000 miles on it for around $5000, and i seen a crap load of 1300's in the $6k range. And its a very nice sized large framed bike that even my big ass is comfortable on.

Edited by 2talltim