Here We Go (sponsored by BL plug)

EPflyer

What's up everyone, I'm Ed. Joined the forum because I was looking for some motoseries peeps and to get a scoop on what the season might be like. After reading all 26 pages of novice MS I'm quite confident I found myself a nice fit.

I've owned a few bikes - some MX, 03 gsxr-750, 00 RC51. My last season was cut short during a battle of my RC vs a CR-V on the way to the tail.. The RC didn't walk away, and I almost didn't either. Anyways... there's literally nothing else than I'd rather be doing other than riding, so after a surgery and rehabbing a fractured vertebrae, hip, pelvis, foot blah blah blah I'm gettin close to pickin up another set of wheels. Don't plan on riding as much as I have on the streets and I'm really looking forward to lots of track time.

All in all, that's about it for now.. for a first time track goer do you guys suggest sticking to 600s?

for a first time track goer do you guys suggest sticking to 600s?

For the track a 600 or 650 is typically more than enough. I have never really found myself asking for more power and focus on the turns. The smaller bikes really make you faster through the corners as you can't just rely on the power. There are plenty of us that run with MS so let us know if you have any questions. Keep an eye out for threads on here as we usually post up who all is going.

Welcome to the site!

quite confident I found myself a nice fit.

Moto Series is a great group of guys. You will get a lot of ball-busting from us, and you may fear we are all the biggest group of ass-grabbing fairies there is. But when it comes down to it we are all somewhat normal and just share a passion of riding continuously around in circles at a moderately fast pace, while dressed in leathers and hanging on for dear life.

All in all, that's about it for now.. for a first time track goer do you guys suggest sticking to 600s?

I wouldn't suggest anything bigger. The 600 class and also the 650 twin class are the most popular with Moto Series. You could certainly start out on a 600 as many of us did, but if I had it to do over again I might choose a 650 first, then 600. Then if you really wanna step up with the big boys, you can get a 1000.

Welcome to the site!

Moto Series is a great group of guys. You will get a lot of ball-busting from us, and you may fear we are all the biggest group of ass-grabbing fairies there is. But when it comes down to it we are all somewhat normal and just share a passion of riding continuously around in circles at a moderately fast pace, while dressed in leathers and hanging on for dear life.

THIS. THIS. AND MORE THIS. :D

You'll eventually see our track day ass grabbin' leading in here shortly I'm sure. He has a taste for fresh meat, but don't be scared. He'll only nibble on ya.

Welcome and as many said already ask any questions you might have about MS.

welcome, looking forward to seeing you at the track!

Have you done any racing or track days previously?

Nope, haven't be around a track on a street bike yet. Was planning on it last year but lol well... hah. I was able to make it out to an MS event last summer when my old man ran his st4 around the instructional group. Definitely hard to sit on the sidelines - looked like a blast!

Welcome to the site!

I wouldn't suggest anything bigger. The 600 class and also the 650 twin class are the most popular with Moto Series. You could certainly start out on a 600 as many of us did, but if I had it to do over again I might choose a 650 first, then 600. Then if you really wanna step up with the big boys, you can get a 1000.

Hahaha the novice MS thread I read had me rolling.. at work... then it occurred to me that thread might be dancing on the NFSW line hahaha. Good stuff. Thanks for the advice! I'm definitely lookin forward to "gettin it in" with you guys this season... err waaaiiitttttt..

Good insight on the 650 v 600s but I just can't do another v-twin.. maybe if it was a duc but I'm just not feelin the twin gig.

THIS. THIS. AND MORE THIS. :D

You'll eventually see our track day ass grabbin' leading in here shortly I'm sure. He has a taste for fresh meat, but don't be scared. He'll only nibble on ya.

Welcome and as many said already ask any questions you might have about MS.

Hahah thanks r1(ass)crusher(?) hahaha ahhh man, you guys have a great sense of humor, that thread should just be stickied for track days introduction. Nibble?! Shit, don't tease me. Aside from tent/chairs/coolers what are some basic essentials you guys bring with you to track days?

Aside from tent/chairs/coolers what are some basic essentials you guys bring with you to track days?

Extra gas doesn't hurt, you don't want to run out. Tools and any spare parts you may have like levers and what not. That would be about it for must have items. If you forget anything someone will let you borrow it to get you through the day.

if you wanna get to know everyone, and come hang out, we're doing our little get together on the weekend of the bike show (probably that saturday).

you'll find the thread in the track days/racing section of the forum

Pics don't seem to be working for me?

Here is a "trackday list"

I take as much as I can fit in my car :) If you forget something or it's not on your list, it will be the one thing you absolutely need. And if you don't have something, ask around, I'm sure it will only cost a couple HJ's.

Pics don't seem to be working for me?

Here is a "trackday list"

I take as much as I can fit in my car :) If you forget something or it's not on your list, it will be the one thing you absolutely need. And if you don't have something, ask around, I'm sure it will only cost a couple HJ's.

I think Ryan had more extra stuff in his car than I have in my 4 car garage !

Anyways,all the MS guys are willing to help you out with good advise on riding and being a better rider in general !

I think Ryan had more extra stuff in his car than I have in my 4 car garage !

Anyways,all the MS guys are willing to help you out with good advise on riding and being a better rider in general !

You haven't seen anything yet, I didn't have winter time to build up a pile of spares last year :D