Bathroom Etiquette

madcat6183

So, just wanted to see other peoples thoughts here, especially being flu/strep season on public/workplace bathrooms.

I work on a floor with about 300 people, and about 8 bathrooms total, so not real good odds there but what I witness is probably some of the sickest things ever.

Just was in there taking care of some work and dude got up from going #2, went to the mirror, fluffed his hair and walked out. Didn't wash his hands, didn't dry his hands, we don't have anti-bacterial hand lotion in the bathrooms so not even an option. Anyways, what the heck? This isn't the first time, and won't be the last I am sure, but come on. That is just sick.

People will pick their noses and wipe them on the wall about the pissers.

I also love the people that don't flush the pissers and just leave their pee sitting there for everyone to look at.

I mean I camp and at the races use port-a-pots, but I'm not exactly in the work enviroment, and I still use the provided sanitizer then wash my hands back at the camper. I don't really care what people do in this case, but in the work enviroment, I think it's only polite to at least make an attempt to wash your hands.

Am I nuts, or is taking a dump and not washing your hands, just not acceptable at work? Unless you work at home or are S/E and only one in your office.

I have heard that women are actually more nasty than men in their potty etiquette and how the bathrooms cleanliness is kept.

I find it amazing what grown ass men still do in the bathrooms. Like boggers on the wall, piss on the toilet seat and not wipe it off, use the urinal or toilet beside you when there is clearly room for a buffer and the list goes on. I think the not giving the buffer pisses me off the most.

Thankfully my work at least has the auto-flush toilets, so no one can leave any surprises for you. There's still the no-washers, the disgusting boogers on the wall, piss everywhere, pubes everywhere, and so on.

I'm with 20thGix on the buffer thing as well.

And is it just me, or do the rest of you hate when someone tries to make small talk to you while you or they are pissing? That might be more annoying than not leaving the proper buffer if available. I don't ever strike up a conversation with guys in the bathroom while they have their junk in their hand, and I'd appreciate the same in return, lol.

• Upvote 1

Some people are just disgusting pigs and weren't raised with manners, common regard/respect for their fellow man, etc.

And I agree with the buffer thing....it's just common courtesy, you know.

There's a jackass here who likes to joke around with new people on the floor and will walk right up to the urinal next to you and go "hey that's a really nice watch" or some equivalent awkward greeting. I don't want to talk to you, I just came here to piss. when someone tries to talk to me I just remain silent and finish my business.

Am I nuts, or is taking a dump and not washing your hands, just not acceptable at work? Unless you work at home or are S/E and only one in your office.

I generally don't get poo all over my hands when I take a dump. So I see no need to wash my hands.

^^ lol, right? I don't get poo on my hands either. I wash them because I was taught to, and I figure I probably touched about 50 germy things before that anyway (the flush button for example).

Yes, I think women's restrooms can be pretty nasty too. Since we sit, some people hover and piss all over the seat.

...and I figure I probably touched about 50 germy things before that anyway

I would suggest then that you wash your hands before you poo. I wouldn't want to touch my ass with hands that had all those germs on them.

I always wash my hands after I take a piss. No clue where my dick's been.

I had a friend come out of the bathroom once rather quickly and I teased him about not washing his hands. He replied "my dick was the cleanest thing in that bathroom, including the faucets". :lol: There's a reason not to wash.

I also agree with the buffer thing. There is no need to strike up a conversation, its just akward.

Yeah, I make it a habit not to talk to dude's holding their dicks.

Another bathroom pet peeve...if you use the last square of TP, change the fucking roll. Your mother does not work here. Act like a grown up.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I make it a habit not to talk to dude's holding their dicks.

Another bathroom pet peeve...if you use the last square of TP, change the fucking roll. Your mother does not work here. Act like a grown up.

then you should stop holding their dick(s) so you can have a normal conversation.

• Upvote 1

Two things I don't get about public bathrooms.....

1. Why don't all exit doors swing out so that you don't have to pull the handle? you could just push it open with your boot/shoe.

2. Why aren't there trash cans at every exit door that you have to pull the handle on so that we can discard our paper towel after opening the door with it? (Not needed if the above was the case)

Proper bathroom etiqutte and bathroom setup pisses me off. I don't want anyone elses excrement on my body!

I wash my hands often' date=' but I don't use sanitizer of any kind. I did once, and I just knew people were looking at me... labeling me as a pussy. I swore to never again bend to the whims of the greenie weenies. I'll take my chances with the pig flu. I am not afraid to die.[/quote']

You hang with jinu that's sars.