Ruger LCR .38 SPL +P - Got it ;)

SWing'R

pick up some snap caps and spend your couch time dry firing. I guarantee you'll like what happens to the trigger.

the only piece of advice at the moment is to not swing/flip the cylinder up into the frame once you've loaded it, as you might have seen on t.v. or in the movies; nor should you spin the cylinder around. Both actions place unneeded stress upon parts.

Good grab! As Blosser said, practice squeezing the trigger while aiming at a point (safe direction). Try to keep it from moving side to side, up/down. Not only will it help your accuracy, but it will loosen up that stiff trigger.

I don't mind the stiff trigger, for now since that is the only real safety device it has.

I'll let you guys know how i like it once I get some shooting in tomorrow with it.

As for the +P rounds, didn't pick any up yet, got a box of target ammo and one small

box of personal defense hollow points.

I don't mind the stiff trigger' date=' for now since that is the only real safety device it has.

I'll let you guys know how i like it once I get some shooting in tomorrow with it.

As for the +P rounds, didn't pick any up yet, got a box of target ammo and one small

box of personal defense hollow points.[/quote']

Stiff trigger comment really wasn't a dig. My EDC is a smith 642 which is DA without an external hammer like yours. The trigger is, indeed, long and heavy by design. It will smooth out with shooting.

See ya at 0630 man.

Gonna be rough getting going that early on a Saturday morning but I'm

anxious to shoot it :D

Call me once you get close so I can guide you into the neighborhood,

which reminds me I never texted you my address, will do that right now.

i forget if you already answered this in the 'dry firing' thread, but is Mrs. SWing'r (Diamo girl?) going to shoot also? If so, awesome, except pretty soon she'll want a 1911, then something else, and something else...

i forget if you already answered this in the 'dry firing' thread, but is Mrs. SWing'r (Diamo girl?) going to shoot also? If so, awesome, except pretty soon she'll want a 1911, then something else, and something else...

Yes. We both took the CCW course and will both be getting our CHL in time.

She will most likely be getting the LCR-22 for herself when I can afford to

get a second one.

Are you going to keep one chamber empty? That can also double as a safety' date=' if you're concerned about it. Or, can you leave the cylinder set between two rounds and use that as your safety? I'm not exceptionally familiar with revolvers, so pardon any ignorance.

Nice revolver, btw. I'm also in the market for a smaller gun. I think a .380LCP might be my next purchase.[/quote']

With only 5 or 6 shots available, I wouldn't leave one empty if it was me. The heavy trigger pull ensures you won't pull it by accident.

I wouldn't' date=' either. I just know that some folks are a little geeked when carrying a loaded gun for the first time... and rightly so. I was only offering some suggestions in case he was uneasy about the lack of safety devices on the gun. :)[/quote']

Ah. I'm in two minds about my wife's new glock 19. My pistols are DA/SA with the hammer down on a loaded chamber meaning the first trigger pull is real heavy, the rest are real easy. Her trigger is halfway between light/heavy for each shot, and no external safety.

I know the double-trigger safety and her trigger discipline make it perfectly safe, but it's lighter than I'm used to, so the nervousness is still there for me. It'll go away in time.

the problem with one chamber empty is in order for it to have any safety benefit on a hammerless revolver you need to set it so when you pull the trigger the first time it hits an empty chamber and if you ever needed to use that gun you would have pull twice and that could make a huge difference in the outcome and your life

Edited by conn-e-rot

maybe I worded it wrong... say you have a revolver with a external hammer you can leave set on an empty chamber so that if you had pulled the hammer back you can lower it without worrying about it firing.... with hammerless there is no external hammer pull back or drop...every pull of the trigger on a revolver rotates the cylinder and fires the gun so in order to keep from firing it needs set so the first rotation ends at empty chamber.... or just keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire

Just coming back from shooting it.

Loved it. Recoil was nothing. After about 30rounds I was

shooting pretty much dead on.

Picked off a redbull can mounted on a stick with 6 out of 10

shots from about 25feet :)

Ok.. so it fires and functions exactly the same. Then' date=' he could set the empty chamber as his 'carry chamber' and the cylinder will rotate to his next available round. Same principle as carrying a semi-automatic with no round chambered.

So, if he wasn't interested in that option, could he not set the cylinder between two rounds, or is that a hammer revolver option, only? Again, my experience with revolvers is very limited. I've never owned a revolver.

Also, I'm only asking for my own education. If Rosso is fine with carrying fully loaded, then this is all irrelevant to him. I was just curious.

[b'] Edit: My "between the rounds" option is dumb, as there is nothing to prevent. This is only useful with a hammer style revolver. (told you I'm dumb)

Having the firing pin on an empty chamber with no external hammer does nothing except leave you with one less shot... once you pull it goes bang

IMHO if you don't trust yourself to carry a loaded gun then you have no business owning a gun at all

this is the most ridiculous statement I've ever read.

You're telling me that you were comfortable carrying a loaded gun before you owned one?

I suppose you trusted yourself on a ZX14 before you ever owned a motorcycle too...

when I buy a carry firearm, I will be carrying it with snap-caps until I am completely certain that I won't make any bonehead mistakes with live rounds. I'm confident in my ability to safely handle firearms at the range, and in other no-pressure and otherwise familiar environments, but I'm not about to thrust myself into new situations with a loaded revolver when there is a safe and intelligent alternative that allows me to build confidence and proficiency without the risk of mistakes.

I actually like the LCR a lot. I just don't understand why compact revolvers seem to be so expensive, and like the guy in the video referenced, I would like the LCR 22 to come with a 22lr cylinder, AND a 22 magnum cylinder. Ruger has done that for decades with the single six.

Just coming back from shooting it.

Loved it. Recoil was nothing. After about 30rounds I was

shooting pretty much dead on.

Picked off a redbull can mounted on a stick with 6 out of 10

shots from about 25feet :)

:trophy: