Ruger LCR .38 SPL +P - Got it ;)

SWing'R

With only 5 or 6 shots available, I wouldn't leave one empty if it was me. The heavy trigger pull ensures you won't pull it by accident.

The LCP has no safety as well, that is what the LOOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGG and heavy trigger pull is for. I throw that little gun all over the place, drop in my pocket and have no worries. These long pull pistols are not shooting pistols, they are myopic up close and personal defense pistols.

Just coming back from shooting it.

Loved it. Recoil was nothing. After about 30rounds I was

shooting pretty much dead on.

Picked off a redbull can mounted on a stick with 6 out of 10

shots from about 25feet :)

I witnessed it he's not fibbing.

this is the most ridiculous statement I've ever read.

You're telling me that you were comfortable carrying a loaded gun before you owned one?

I suppose you trusted yourself on a ZX14 before you ever owned a motorcycle too...

when I buy a carry firearm, I will be carrying it with snap-caps until I am completely certain that I won't make any bonehead mistakes with live rounds. I'm confident in my ability to safely handle firearms at the range, and in other no-pressure and otherwise familiar environments, but I'm not about to thrust myself into new situations with a loaded revolver when there is a safe and intelligent alternative that allows me to build confidence and proficiency without the risk of mistakes.

I actually like the LCR a lot. I just don't understand why compact revolvers seem to be so expensive, and like the guy in the video referenced, I would like the LCR 22 to come with a 22lr cylinder, AND a 22 magnum cylinder. Ruger has done that for decades with the single six.

what are you going to do if someone attacks you and during the attack you pull your gun but with the adrenaline flowing you forget that you are playing barney fife and don't have any bullets are you going to hope that your snap caps scare the big bad guy away? It's one thing if you want to carry it around your property unloaded to get used to it but please don't do it out in the real world.... hmmm I don't recall being comfortable carrying a loaded gun before I owned one since I got my first BB gun at 6 and a .410 at 7 but I was comfortable enough with myself before I bought a carry gun

• Upvote 1

Don't carry concealed in public unless you are 100% comfortable, but also don't do it with snap caps or empty chambers for crying out loud. I compare this to the "I don't have a chambered round when I carry", which makes less than zero sense to me. Wear your weapon fully hot at home, driving around in your car, walking around the neighborhood or property etc.......if you are not fully comfortable with your pistol of choice or trust yourself in a relatively short period of time, then maybe carrying is not for you. It becomes 2nd nature to most, and once you get into a routine it becomes very natural. Carrying is supposed to keep you calm, not nervous or uptight. The safety is between your ears, it isn't difficult to keep your firearm from "going off" unintentionally.

Don't carry concealed in public unless you are 100% comfortable, but also don't do it with snap caps or empty chambers for crying out loud. I compare this to the "I don't have a chambered round when I carry", which makes less than zero sense to me. Wear your weapon fully hot at home, driving around in your car, walking around the neighborhood or property etc.......if you are not fully comfortable with your pistol of choice or trust yourself in a relatively short period of time, then maybe carrying is not for you. It becomes 2nd nature to most, and once you get into a routine it becomes very natural. Carrying is supposed to keep you calm, not nervous or uptight. The safety is between your ears, it isn't difficult to keep your firearm from "going off" unintentionally.

^^^this

Re: carrying a revolver with a loaded chamber: Modern revolvers have a transfer bar mechanism that allows the firing pin/hammer to contact the primer only when the trigger is pulled. The Ruger revolver I have has the hammer riding on the frame and you couldn't set off a round no matter how hard you hit the hammer. Older revolvers didn't have this safety feature and should be carried with the hammer over an empty chamber.

I witnessed it he's not fibbing.

After reviewing the video you shot for me, I actually hit the can on the 1,2 and 5th shot.

The 2nd shot just grazed it but it moved. So that with the other set where I nailed it 4 in a row means

I hit that sob 7 out of 10 shots :D

Here ya go...

It's hard to see the RedBull can unless you view if full screen.

It's hanging on a stick just to the right of the targets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aADkYIEPFes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNwYQjROTbI

Edited by SWing'R