Trailer Question

Ron505

The only trailers I have had for hauling bikes have had leaf springs for suspension. I found a deal on one that is from TSC, but does not have any kind of suspension.

Are any of you hauling your bikes with a trailer that has no suspension? I wonder how different it will be. I want to make sure that my 700# pig of a bike will not bounce around so much that I lose the straps.

I just got back from Florida the other day, and had no problem hauling my bike down on my suspneded trailer. Will I with a non-suspended trailer?

Any helpful info would be greatly apprecaited.

^ this.. i had a non suspended trailer once.. had both bike on it a you really have to be mindful of any discrepincies on the road.. it was a hassle.. on long highway slabs it was fine.. but watch out for bridge transfers.. i cant count the times that the thing jumped sideways on me at 65

Yes, i know what a torsion bar axle looks like. Here is the one that i am looking at for $600. http://www.tractorsupply.com/carry-on-trailer-reg-5-ft-w-x-10-ft-l-wood-floor-trailer-2-000-lb-payload-capacity-0191160

It looks to be built sturdy enough for what I need. Just hauling my RZR or Raider on it. The main frame is made of 2"x3" angle. The payload capacity is 2000 lbs, and I'll only be putting about 1000 lbs on max.

There was a review that mentioned that it had no suspension whatsoever. Mayeb he didn't know what a torsion type looked like? I can't find in the ad where it states suspension.

**Edit** It is real close to me, so I'm just going to go look at it. If no suspension, then no go.

Edited by Ron505

The trailer that TSC is calling the "5X10GW" doesn't match the description at www.carry-ontrailer.com

According to the manufacture's website' date=' that trailer has a 3500lb axle and a 2340lb payload capacity.[/quote']

Correct you are! I wonder why that is?

Anyway, like I said, suspension, it's mine, no suspension, I'm passing.

By the way, hopefully I'll have a 5'x9' open trailer for sale if this works out. Leaf springs, built from 2x2 square steel. 14" wheels and tires. New bed liner paint and wood deck installed. I'll put an ad in the classifieds if it works out.

Thanks for the input fellas!