My sons first bike/project

Reimbrandt

Well..... My son is goin to the local vocational school and he was able to pick his own project for class. He wants to wrench/build bikes so the teacher told him he could bring in a cycle to work on. I found a kawi ninja 250 in reynoldsburg..... Engine knocks.... Missn the seat and windsheild. He is also tryn to figure out how to talk his mom into letting him ride it when he gets it done. LoL. The good part is i got a 2003 ninja 250 and a new HJC lid for $300. Ill try and post procces pics as he wrenches on it........

• Upvote 1

Thanx guys..... Well, momma is a softy and he usually gets his way. Always a skid lid...... I told him im gonna make him buzz around my shop lot and the road it sits on which is very lightly traveled. Get used to it and the handling..... along with taking the riders course. Kids at school are teasing him because they all have the "my first bike is gonna be a busa" dumbass mentality. With a 0-60 at 6 sec. And top end at 100+ i feel the 250 is more than enough.... Ecspecially for a starter. I suggested we paint it holstien and call it a cowasaki..... He didnt think that was funny. :D

Glad to see you put up the build thread - gonna be a long, but very cool journey for you both. Good Daddiness getting him something to ride ( eventually ) and he'll learn quite a bit as the rebuild goes. +rep!

Fighter look takes away most paint space...... Not good. :). They now are at the point of tryn to figure out how to open the block. The one piston is sloppy so theres the knock...... They have to see whats the extent of the damage. Told him to go ahead and replace bearings, timing chain, ect while they are in there.

Fighter look takes away most paint space...... Not good. :). They now are at the point of tryn to figure out how to open the block. The one piston is sloppy so theres the knock...... They have to see whats the extent of the damage. Told him to go ahead and replace bearings, timing chain, ect while they are in there.

I forgot who's thread this was. So sorry. Haha.

^^^lmao...

Those are cool lime. I had a 1/18 scale sport bike (years before i got a real one) and one day i took a pic of it and sent it to my brother who totally freaked "oh god, be careful on that thing". Flamo..... Sent another pic with it standn beside a pop can..... :D