30 CAR CRASH ON NE SIDE (270 and Rt 3)

Tomcat0403

http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2013/jan/21/30-vehicle-crash-closed-i-270-south-sr-161-northea-ar-1321634/

Currently happening! How in the hell do 30 people crash in dry conditions!

Not sure, it was snowing here in west OH a bit ago, made the roads on the slick side here.

Well, I guess that's better than her saying she saw it all happen right behind her as she was looking the mirror putting on makeup and doing her hair as she merged on to 270 :lol:

True..... Very true.

Edited by C-bus

Google map with traffic shows dead stop at the Westerville curve south bound NE. Dead stop backed up east bound at intersection 71 and 270. Traffic slow to very slow at most intersections on Morse, 161, route 3, Hamilton Rd, and Cleveland Avenue. Basically North East side trying to enter gridlock.

Dead stop south bound 71 at Middletown. Very slow or stopped at two places in Cincinnati, on East bound 275 at Northgate (Rt 27/126) and West bound 275 at Forest Park (Winston Rd). Roads in adjacent areas slow.

Freeway cameras show empty freeway approaching and departing Southbound 270 at Westerville, but can't see the accident. Roads look clear of snow.

Edited by ReconRat

Must be a bunch of Clevelanders out driving

Sounds like it is the rest of the state having the driving issues. :wtf:

Im guessing with snow flurries in the area and cold conditions that the roads were not as dry as they appeared. Only way I can explain that much of a pile up with good visibility.

Moronic drivers tail gating at 75+mph with less than 10 ft between bumpers easily cause multi-car pileups but you would expect far less than 30 to be involved.

I was amazed by the line of about 4 cars I saw on I-271 the other day. Driving well over the limit with NASCAR like following distances and changing lanes in heavy traffic. :eek:

During rush hour you always see a few idiot drivers like that but the first time I had seen that big of convoy of them.

Craig

I was amazed by the line of about 4 cars I saw on I-271 the other day. Driving well over the limit with NASCAR like following distances and changing lanes in heavy traffic. :eek:

Craig

was one of them a red tahoe with OR stickers on it?:D

EDIT: oh you said 271 not 270..im off the hook..carryon

thanks..

this via FB..

WBNS-10TV - Columbus, Ohio

UPDATE: At least four people have been hospitalized after a crash involving up to 30 vehicles along I-270 south at S.R. 3. Witnesses at the scene said that they experienced near white-out conditions at the time of the crash.*

cant find where i read the other shit that said 23 cars

Edited by 2talltim

Dude people fucking suck at driving, end of story. I drove to Snow Trails at 730am today, still a little dark, snow started just south of polaris, had several "white out" conditions on 71, blah blah. Same thing the whole way back down 71. I got to Costco at 230 since there was this wreck to kill time, went through at 3pm, totally open, couldn't even tell.

I just don't get it, it really isn't that hard to drive right? You can't see you don't just slam your brakes on and hope you dont get shit plowed, you need to slow, as everyone around should, and then make a decision to get off the road or keep going. In my case, in a 92 accord that's a total beater, I just kept going.

Oh and I was in the left lane passing people, then moved to the right. BOOM