how many IT guys does it take...

TSB67

99.26.231.164 ohioriders.net

99.26.231.164. www.ohioriders.net

put those two lines in your hosts file (c:\Windows\system 32\drivers\etc\hosts)

In 24 hours or so, you should be able to put a "#" in front of both lines (comment them out).

DNS can take up to 48 hours to update completely; in this case it looks like the cname record (the one that redirects www.ohioriders.net to ohioriders.net) didn't get updated quite as quickly.

The website admin could also cheat it with a .htaccess file in his /var/www/ or apache root.

Unfortunately, our "previous" DNS apparently decided to screw us. Normally it's no big deal. Switch companies, DNS takes a while to propagate, whatever. This time, our "previous" DNS decided to kill our entries immediately. This means while our new DNS propagates our entries, everyone else has no connection to the site. Name.com is our new company, and they've been on the ball. I've been on the phone with them twice, and they've done all that they can. Unfortunately, until people's ISP refresh their DNS cache, there's not much we can do. Within 24-48 hours everything should be normal again.

I can access the site from my home internet, but not from my work phone (Verizon) or my personal phone (AT&T). By the morning, hopefully everything will be fine.

I am sorry for the inconvenience. It's a pain in the ass, I know.

Unfortunately, our "previous" DNS apparently decided to screw us. Normally it's no big deal. Switch companies, DNS takes a while to propagate, whatever. This time, our "previous" DNS decided to kill our entries immediately....

In the interest of helping...next time move two weeks before your contract with the old hosting company expires.

In the interest of helping...next time move two weeks before your contract with the old hosting company expires.
No hosting changes. I still do that myself (just do a whois and/or traceroute on the IP if you don't believe me). This was just a registrar change, and it was nowhere near the expiration. I have ohioriders.net registered through 2016 or 2017. Back during the whole SOPA/PIPA thing, I moved all of my domains except ohioriders.net to Name.com. This was the last one I had to do. All of the others were smooth as glass. Nobody even knew I did it unless I told them. For some reason, this one went haywire. Before the "previous" registrar even released the domain it appears they nuked our DNS records. For desktops, it seems Name.com got everything taken care of within 30 mins or so. However, mobile ISP's seem to have cached something funky. What's really weird is the IP didn't change. Nothing changed in the DNS entries. Just a simple cutover from the "previous" registrar to Name.com. Hopefully it's all resolved by the end of the day. Obviously it's working for some (you're on here). But I'm still getting texts asking why it's down. From my phone, I can't access the site until I'm on wifi. So yes, I know it's happening. No, I don't know why. No, there's nothing I can do about it. If you can't access it from AT&T and/or Verizon smartphones, call them and bitch about their 24hr DNS caching. While you're at it, ask them why/how a registrar could nuke an entry instantly.

No hosting changes. I still do that myself (just do a whois and/or traceroute on the IP if you don't believe me). This was just a registrar change, and it was nowhere near the expiration. I have ohioriders.net registered through 2016 or 2017. Back during the whole SOPA/PIPA thing, I moved all of my domains except ohioriders.net to Name.com. This was the last one I had to do. All of the others were smooth as glass. Nobody even knew I did it unless I told them. For some reason, this one went haywire. Before the "previous" registrar even released the domain it appears they nuked our DNS records. For desktops, it seems Name.com got everything taken care of within 30 mins or so. However, mobile ISP's seem to have cached something funky. What's really weird is the IP didn't change. Nothing changed in the DNS entries. Just a simple cutover from the "previous" registrar to Name.com. Hopefully it's all resolved by the end of the day. Obviously it's working for some (you're on here). But I'm still getting texts asking why it's down. From my phone, I can't access the site until I'm on wifi. So yes, I know it's happening. No, I don't know why. No, there's nothing I can do about it. If you can't access it from AT&T and/or Verizon smartphones, call them and bitch about their 24hr DNS caching. While you're at it, ask them why/how a registrar could nuke an entry instantly.

Got it.

Verizon Wireless is fine, my phone hits it fine. But that just fixed the last hour or so. I am on here because I run my own DNS at work and I am not a dumbass like Verizon and AT&T. It is retarded to think caching NS records for long periods of time is a good thing.

Didn't know you switched registrar's, thought it was just hosting. That is always a nightmare, no avoiding it. It will be f'bard for some folks for 48 hours.