Any idea on these road conditions?

Jester_

Road conditions just after winter is over usually aren't the greatest. It looks like a nice route though. I was on WV 20 & 250 last August & September & found them to be a lot of fun. Be really careful on OH 536 as it has some tricky stuff & dodgy pavement/gravel. OH 255 is the same type of tight stuff but usually nicer than 536. OH 9 is usually fine. Have fun.

Thanks guys, this would be a spring time ride well after the salt and muck are gone. Will just have to keep an eye out for gravel. I thought about taking 7 down to Marietta and coming up 26 the whole way but this ride will be long enough for now.

Edited by Jester_

255 is closed again and so is 556.. if you are in monroe county.. 536 will have a lot of salt/ gravel on it... stop and say hi when down this way

I was on 255 Saturday...they had the road closed signs up,but I was able to get through.It looked like they were cutting the bank back to prevent landslides,it didn't look like they were working on the road.I doubt if you could get through when they're working,but the weekends seem possible.Either way,come spring it should be o.k.,I hope.

I was on 260,255,537,26 and 800...they were very clean for this time of year,except where they are logging between 26 and Marr.

BTW,800 sure is sweet since they finished that section between Antioch and 255.

Might need to plan another trip for east of 77 this year. We stayed mostly on the west side last year because there was so much new pavement. Hopefully they will pave more of the above mentioned roads this year. Some of the roads that had been partially paved were sweet!

Mary