What is the tipping point?

YSR_Racer_99

Thats only income, what about everything else that is taxed? We are now taxed in fast food drive thru, tax on gas, cigs, alcohol, bread, etc. All have went up, NYC is restricted on cola.

Yup, add in state, local, property and all the other taxes we pay....we're drowning in taxation.

Consider that we were an incredibly prosperous nation when we had no national income tax...which, btw, was how our nation was designed to operate.

Yup, add in state, local, property and all the other taxes we pay....we're drowning in taxation.

Consider that we were an incredibly prosperous nation when we had no national income tax...which, btw, was how our nation was designed to operate.

We are drowning in taxation yet it still isn't enough to quench the thirst of government. This country had a revolution because we were over taxed by a government and they weren't going into debt ruling us. Imagine if we were taxed at a rate to balance current spending, talk about a tipping point.

Whats all this about taxes, we are just finally paying our fair share.......:rolleyes:

Tipping point? pretty much what others have said, when the unlimited spending well that the government is using runs dry. Look what has happened in Argentina, what is currently happening in Greece/Spain when the monies run dry. I fear the USA is not too many years behind if we continue the economic path we are currently on.

I think we are doing pretty well personally.

Historical_Mariginal_Tax_Rate_for_Highest_and_Lowest_Income_Earners.jpg

Now, this chart is interesting. It's showing that our most prosperous years since the industrial revolution is during a period from 1944 (or so) to 1966 (or so). You know...when the tax rate was really fucking high on the rich! I know nobody will side with me on this one but I do think there is such a thing as "too rich". Lets have them contribute at those levels again I say! :)

Now, this chart is interesting. It's showing that our most prosperous years since the industrial revolution is during a period from 1944 (or so) to 1966 (or so). You know...when the tax rate was really fucking high on the rich! I know nobody will side with me on this one but I do think there is such a thing as "too rich". Lets have them contribute at those levels again I say! :)

I consider you rich, please forward 20% more to the federal tax system this year. You are too rich!

Correlation, causation. Let's look at government spending. 100% taxation on the rich won't even scratch the debt this current government racked up.

• Upvote 1