Good brand of riding jeans?

Gump

I have owned many brands. I have two pairs now...sliders and drayko. The drayko are the only ce rated jeans. Sliders have annoying Velcro in the knees where the useless armor goes and they are very hot. In fact, they are my cold weather pants, and I use them up to about the 75 degrees. The removeable armor is a waste of time and will never stay in place in a get off. Draykos have dyneema/kevlar in them and are MUCH more breathable. Both have a lot of Kevlar coverage.

The Sliders are a loose fit, but the draykos are a little stretchy. Not spandex 80s rocker stretchy :)

Regarding knee armor in riding jeans...I wouldnt waste your time with it. I guess it is better than nothing, but there is no way in hell it will be reliable protection since it moves way too easily. Knee armor directly attached to your leg is the only way to go IMO.

Check out Motoports kevlar riding pants. Expensive but impressive protection and custom made. Even their 1000 denier cordura is uncoated(wont melt to your skin) and breathable and are custom made for $199. The 1000 denier cordura has the same abrasion resistance as leather.

Edited by 330racing
  • Upvote 1

I'm looking at those as well. Anybody tried them yet? How's the fit and comfort. Went to Iron Pony last year to look at textile pants and all of them fit like ski pants or sit really really low which kind of defeats the concept of protection.

Although, I don't think any of the men's gear is cut as stupid as that.

Somebody told me that Rev It are some A-star former employees and their ladies cuts are much better than the other brands. Not sure if that is true or not. Northern Ohio Ducati carries the brand so I'm going to try and make it out there to check them out in person soon.

Mary

From what I have read, 500 denier isnt much better than denim.

I have owned many brands. I have two pairs now...sliders and drayko. The drayko are the only ce rated jeans. Sliders have annoying Velcro in the knees where the useless armor goes and they are very hot. In fact, they are my cold weather pants, and I use them up to about the 75 degrees. The removeable armor is a waste of time and will never stay in place in a get off. Draykos have dyneema/kevlar in them and are MUCH more breathable. Both have a lot of Kevlar coverage.

The Sliders are a loose fit, but the draykos are a little stretchy. Not spandex 80s rocker stretchy :)

Regarding knee armor in riding jeans...I wouldnt waste your time with it. I guess it is better than nothing, but there is no way in hell it will be reliable protection since it moves way too easily. Knee armor directly attached to your leg is the only way to go IMO.

Check out Motoports kevlar riding pants. Expensive but impressive protection and custom made. Even their 1000 denier cordura is uncoated(wont melt to your skin) and breathable and are custom made for $199. The 1000 denier cordura has the same abrasion resistance as leather.

Thanks for the info. Went to order the sliders last night then I saw this pair and then that pair and procrastinated to buying nothing again.

• 2 weeks later...

I just found Diamond Gusset Defender jeans. They are American made which is rare for clothing and have good reviews from webbikereviews.

Probably give them a try for commuting.

Craig

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2