I'm ready.

Tonik

Just got back from BMW of Aurora. Got a heated liner and gloves. Going to start back at it early this year.

And I gotta say. The 1600 is looking pretty awesome when decked out with the touring package. I might have found my next bike.

Don't mind anyone asking me anything. I just might not answer!

I went Gerbing. No reason not to. They are the best and the others are only a little less. Tourmaster is pretty cheap but they suck.

199 for the liner, that is 20 bucks off. 169 for the T5 gloves, which is full list. Gloves are hard to find. They are moving their factory and are on back order from Gerbing. I had those on order from Gerbing since early december.

IP has a good selection. I called them. Went to bmw because it's closer of course. You won't find discounts on Gerbing.

The G3 gloves are cheaper but the gauntlet is shorter and they are not as wind proof and not water proof. But are more comfortable.

Size every thing snug. You want it up tight against your body. I already had a controller.

And if you are trying to save a buck just get the jacket liner and keep your core warm. That warm blood really helps the hands. Then cover your regular gloves with some thin oversized industial rubber gloves to kill the wind. Works great in the rain too.

That's my dream bike. You have to like it. With a trunk on the back, I may never come home.

The blue one is faster, just so you know. You got to get your own ride but you need to know that important fact. And you want the GTL I think.

picture.php?albumid=1612&pictureid=17106

Concours14 will run circles around that BMW...and I'm a BMW fan...

No doubt, the 14 is a great bike. But for fit, finish, overall comfort of myself and Mrs. Tonik the BMW blows the 14 away. And I am a Kawi fan.

No doubt, the 14 is a great bike. But for fit, finish, overall comfort of myself and Mrs. Tonik the BMW blows the 14 away. And I am a Kawi fan.

Blowing away in those categories/comparisons is a long stretch. ;) For sure give the BMW the advantage in 2 up comfort, the C14 isnt that great 2 up IMHO. BMW's are not cheap to own, but very sweet rides no doubt.