Thank God for Lojack

Kmanlyst

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems very coincidental that your specific unit was hit so quickly after acquiring several new bikes--your Honda and your Dad's new Strom. I suppose it could have been another renter that saw you going in and out, but I'd seriously suspect one of the caretakers/managers/office staff putting out 'hot tips' to some of their unsavory friends.

Good luck with your situation--theives suck!!!

Seems very coincidental that your specific unit was hit so quickly after acquiring several new bikes--your Honda and your Dad's new Strom. I suppose it could have been another renter that saw you going in and out, but I'd seriously suspect one of the caretakers/managers/office staff putting out 'hot tips' to some of their unsavory friends.

Good luck with your situation--theives suck!!!

Just got off the phone with Detective Lemmon, the guy they caught did give up information on who else was involved and it happened to be a guy I met over the winter when helping my neighbor move his ex-g/f stuff out, and he was with us when I took my buddy to put some of his stuff in my unit. Lesson learned on this one. Now to wait for 8:00 to roll around so I can call the company to see if they are going to cover the theft.

Edited by Kmanlyst

Just got off the phone with Detective Lemmon, the guy they caught did give up information on who else was involved and it happened to be a guy I met over the winter when helping my neighbor move his ex-g/f stuff out, and he was with us when I took my buddy to put some of his stuff in my unit. Lesson learned on this one. Now to wait for 8:00 to roll around so I can call the company to see if they are going to cover the theft.

Ah, now you know who's ass to kick.

Kmanlyst, sorry to hear about the theft. First, I applaud the police work so far. Its good the guy caught gave up the others involved. You should post up some pix and information on the bikes still missing just in case the investigation stalls. Team OR can help too!

Good luck on the recovery.

Any chance that other folks involved will lead the police to your other two bikes?

Any chance that other folks involved will lead the police to your other two bikes?

He told me that the bikes were not at that location but he feels that they should be able to get them tracked down unless they have been parted out already, which they have had plenty of time to do seeing as they broke into the unit at 3:00 in the morning yesterday and the only reason they know that is from the time stamp on the surveillance cameras.

Edited by Kmanlyst

He told me that the bikes were not at that location but he feels that they should be able to get them tracked down unless they have been parted out already, which they have had plenty of time to do seeing as they broke into the unit at 3:00 in the morning yesterday and the only reason they know that is from the time stamp on the surveillance cameras.

Lock them all up. 1 year for every thousand dollars your insurance has to pay out.

Lock them all up. 1 year for every thousand dollars your insurance has to pay out.

My Insurance isn't paying anything, Just got off the phone with the company that owns the unit. Their insurance company is going to cover the cost of the two stolen bikes and missing accessories.

So now I have that tough choice to make......what to buy. Was looking at 3 bikes the new 636, BMW S 1000RR or an Aprilla RSV4 really leaning towards the 1000RR

I'd save a few bucks and go with the zx-10R but I'm a little biased.

It's really down to the 636 and the S 1000RR, Both have great features as far as control settings for the rider, in the end it may just be the 636..in white..to piss off Brandon :cool:

:mad::cry::DWhy whould i be pissed?? lol like i said im gonna steal it from ya cough cough. I won't need insurance for it then haha. Blast my age status.

If I were you I'd go 636, the new model is vastly improved over the older versions and quite a capable machine PLUS it will save you on insurance premiums. From a 250 to jump up to a 1000 would be a bit of a drastic upgrade, imo. Save some cash on the big bike and go 636 with lots of extras ftw:D

If I were you I'd go 636, the new model is vastly improved over the older versions and quite a capable machine PLUS it will save you on insurance premiums. From a 250 to jump up to a 1000 would be a bit of a drastic upgrade, imo. Save some cash on the big bike and go 636 with lots of extras ftw:D

Heading up to the Pony today because I know they have a white one.

What happened to the zx6 you purchased last year?

didn't get it, went with a 650 then my dad fell in love with while I had it stored at his place and bought from me and bought a Honda NC700x so I could adventure ride with him at Deals and BYOB.

I wouldn't be too excited to get something different yet. I'd still be counting on getting the other bikes back.

theft recovery vehicles are branded....i dont believe you are required to accept them back from the insurance company....pretty sure they treat them as total losses and give you the option to buy the vehicle back....most people dont want their vehicles back after theft recovery because who knows what was done to them while they were missing, and the value of them is cut in half instantly for having a branded title

theft recovery vehicles are branded....i dont believe you are required to accept them back from the insurance company....pretty sure they treat them as total losses and give you the option to buy the vehicle back....most people dont want their vehicles back after theft recovery because who knows what was done to them while they were missing, and the value of them is cut in half instantly for having a branded title

Title won't be branded until the ins. company pays out on it. Most have a recovery time clause. My buddy had to wait 14 days after his bikes were stolen to get the ball rolling on getting a check from his insurance company. They specified once they cut a check, even if they were recovered, they HAD to go through an auction house for sale, and he would not have the option to buy them back. That said, they did do him fair on his KTM and he was happy with the deal. Not happy to lose his smc, but could afford to go buy another if he wants to.