DMG announces new AMA rules

BDBGoalie

"Each racer and up to three crew members, who can be armed with one tool apiece, not to be larger than a 22mm box-end wrench, have the opportunity to sprint 40 yards to the podium and grab whatever trophy they want. Pretty much anything goes in that 40-yard dash, so we expect the beatin’ and bangin’ and kneecappin’ will make that Gordon-Bowyer thing look like two pre-school girls fighting over Barbie dolls."

:lol:

One thing they said that wasn't a joke (i'm paraphrasing): "it's not about racing, it's about entertainment."

"the show" is more important to them than the competition. DMG can't dictate what people will find entertaining, so they are left to cater to it. I realize the outlandish rules changes were proposed in jest, but frankly that IS what more people want to see.

"the show" is more important to them than the competition...

I realize the outlandish rules changes were proposed in jest, but frankly that IS what more people want to see.

I wish you weren't right, but of course you are right.

I wrote the satire to point out the fundamental ridiculousness of improving the "show," however, and I do that by taking it to an absurd extreme. But I think it does reveal a basic problem.

There are people who love racing. They want the integrity of the sport to remain. Then there are casual fans who may be drawn in by the "show." But if you amp up the show to the point where it detracts from the integrity of the sport, then you could lose the serious fans. And eventually, I believe, the casual fans drift away when the newness wears off. I think that is part of the reason why NASCAR is on a downward trend. For some non-serious fans attracted in recent years, the novelty is wearing off and they're migrating to the next thing.

I've been buying the MotoGP video pass for the past few years so that helps. I wish we had an environment like BSB.
what is this you speak of? I'm getting ready to ditch my DirectTV but want to make sure i've got my SX/MX and MotoGP/WSBK coverage taken care of when i do.

Does BSB have a feed? I don't have cable at all and am going on my 2nd year of MotoGP Videopass.

what is this you speak of? I'm getting ready to ditch my DirectTV but want to make sure i've got my SX/MX and MotoGP/WSBK coverage taken care of when i do.

Videopass is live or streaming of everying MotoGP. It's 100 Euros for the all the races, plus all qualifying, Moto2 and 3, and highlights in the offseason. You get the entire 90 minute broadcast of the race too, with the intros and awards ceremonies. They do have videos from testing that are up right now too. I think it's worth every penny. You can sign up for it at Motogp.com.

I wish WSBK and AMA had this too.

I can't find anything for WSBK/BSB online. I'll be looking more intently here as the seasons get started so I'll let you know.

MotoGP.com offers a video pass every season for about 100 Euro. It gives you access to all the practice, qualifying, and races for all the classes. All in HD.