There is nothing that I hate more...

Tonik

I feel ya. If you're not good at, which I'm not, it's such a pain. Too much mud, not enough mud, sanded too much, sanded not enough. It's an art.

I textured these walls, that took some of the pain out of it. It is just a storage area in the basement.

...than hanging and mudding drywall. Spent the last three days doing it. But it is over and ready for paint. Just needed to vent, carry on.

Damn you, your timing is horrible to be posting this. Im starting to hang dryway this weekend. (Finished a room in the basement and need to do the walls/celing. )

I have 28 sheets just sitting there waiting to give me hell... Thanks for for making me dread it already..

I've tried to assist and learn in doing it once and needless to say I'm absolutely awful at it. So awful I didn't even want to try again.

Thankfully my dad is pretty skilled at it so I just call him for my drywall needs :D

Damn you, your timing is horrible to be posting this. Im starting to hang dryway this weekend. (Finished a room in the basement and need to do the walls/celing. )

I have 28 sheets just sitting there waiting to give me hell... Thanks for for making me dread it already..

Seriously, just hire someone to do it.

Rent a lift for the ceiling, esp if doing it yourself. WELL worth the $$.

i used to do it, with a pro guy moonlighting in the evenings. I didn't think it was that bad.

Used those stilts for the shoes to be taller. And the kick thingy tool to lift sheets up at the walls. Mud and tape is easy. Do it right and no sanding required.

edit: Indeed it is a lot easier with two people available at times.

Nah, I dont mind the work.. It gives me something to do on the weekends.

Don't bring four corners together or run continuous seems across a ceiling. It'll crack when there's a bigin upstairs

Don't bring four corners together or run continuous seems across a ceiling. It'll crack when there's a bigin upstairs

More worried about the fact that a front load washer dryer sit above the room im finishing as they are notorious for cracking drywall on rooms below them