My truck search has finally ended!

oldschoolsdime92

This is couple weeks out at this point, but I haven't had time to post up.

As some of you know, I purchased a 2010 ridgeline with 55k on it about a month or so ago from the local honda dealer. It had a few misc issues the dealer assured me would be taken care of. I agreed, went ahead and did the paper work. To make a long story short the truck spent more time with the dealer and their "body shop" than it did with me. The dealer ended up purchasing the truck back. They offered me a new ridgeline just below dealer cost. Same model, same options, just two years newer and black on black, and only 35 on it.

heres a few pics of the 2010.

This shot isn't at a very good angle, but there was a dent right by the tail light that the bodyshop repaired twice and still did not have it fixed properly. It looked as if you were looking in a fun house mirror at the right angle. It was a nightmare of a situation.

IMG_0644_zps94c03e89.jpg

You can kind of see the disfiguration in these shots.

IMG_0642_zpsc8680895.jpg

IMAG2399.jpg

This was another issue we went round and round on.

Front bumper did not align properly, and they told me they would fix it. Upon getting the truck back, the front bumper had a chip in the paint that wasn't there prior. I understand a used vehicle isn't going to be perfect but if you can't fix it right, don't say you'll fix it.

IMAG2409.jpg

So in the end the dealer bought the 2010 back, and I ended up with this 2012

IMG_0772_zpsc3445d6c.jpg

IMG_0774_zpsaffcb38b.jpg

IMG_0775_zps7842d946.jpg

love the clouds in the reflection...

IMG_0777_zpscd14fcdf.jpg

Edited by oldschoolsdime92

Now you get to watch me drive myself insane keeping black clean!

ugh I know this feeling all too well! I said no more black cars and the gf came home with a new black car Thursday night. There goes a shit ton of my free time since I'm so damn picky about car detailing

Nice...I've been looking at these a bit. My quandary is my trailer is too small for my ATV and dirt bike. So I either need to get a pickup to carry one in the back and the other on the trailer or get a bigger trailer. I don't really have a place to store a large trailer at my house so that makes it a problem.

I've looked at a lot of pick-ups and in general, would dislike owning them because of gas mileage and I would had to have to climb up into one all the time. The ridgeline is more SUV like where you just slide right in.

How are you liking it?

• 4 weeks later...

How are you liking it?

I love it. It rides beautifully. Its quiet, it gets very similar fuel mileage as my colorado did. I'm averaging 17-18 city 21-22 highway. Double the truck. I pulled my 6x10 trailer with the quad on it over the weekend, and you'd never known it was back pulling a trailer. I took my grandparents to dinner the other night, and they comfortably sat in the back seat. Since taking possession , I have tinted the front windows, added rear mud flaps and step bars. This ones going to be around awhile. Its great..for my needs.

9E305E15-989F-42FC-A1D1-E4AB0EC9D838-7043-000005C58CAEC05B_zps51b3d9b1.jpg

I opted for the Husky liners, not bad but think I should've gone WeatherTech.

I still cant believe rear mudflaps aren't standard, but fronts are.....that'd be like my Taco coming with rear flaps but no fronts :wtf:

You got that paint shining like glass for sure, the pics you'd sent me the other night of posters reflecting in the paint looked like you'd simply shot pics of the posters on the wall :D I was like, wtf you got new wall decor or something? :lol:

This truck will look new for years, you definitely take top notch care of your equip