Car Window Tint - Anyone with hookup?

madcat6183

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

still 50%

Actually just got a call back from some local shop in Cbus, as I want to explore quotes anyways for SandG, and he stated that March 21st, ALL shops in OH can ONLY put 50% on the fronts, or it's a misdemeanour and possible shop closure.

Not kidding.

Quotes 140-299 right now.

Actually just got a call back from some local shop in Cbus, as I want to explore quotes anyways for SandG, and he stated that March 21st, ALL shops in OH can ONLY put 50% on the fronts, or it's a misdemeanour and possible shop closure.

Not kidding.

Had to look it up myself, and its apparently law as of 12-19-12. Check page 5 here. They get a 4th degree misdemeanor and a 180 day shop closure, however, the wording is such that those do not go into effect until the 2nd offense. The person who got the ticket can sue for "damages" as well. Looks like I need to get my tint done on or before 3-21-13.

Madcat, I forgot to mention that my wrx is a 5-door as and I am not going to want to go as dark as 20%. I don't know if that would hurt the discount or what

Edited by imprez55

Not kidding.

Damn! That's weak!

I am going to do my truck' date=' myself. The rear/kingcab windows are factory tint. I just want to match those on the door windows.[/quote']

I have done my own before too, i found it easier just to remove the door windows and just do it on a bench.

Yeah I helped to do my 250 windows and it was cake, we don't remove glass but do remove all trim and door panels, it was so easy, and we even had to remove the old shitty film.

Update on pricing, so far I've heard NOTHING below 190 in Cbus, except The Tint Dude. I'm getting impatient, but did just spend some coin last night so may just wait until I come up. I am calling my guy this weekend and will tell him about you others in the area who are interested too.

Uh what? 68/85? that means it would be barely tinted. The lower the number the darker the tint, I.E. 5% is considered Limo black. The % is in relation to the amount of light let in.

That looks sick for sure though, I'm guessing you mean 15% and 35%, which looks right.

Uh what? 68/85? that means it would be barely tinted. The lower the number the darker the tint, I.E. 5% is considered Limo black. The % is in relation to the amount of light let in.

That looks sick for sure though, I'm guessing you mean 15% and 35%, which looks right.

The shop I use has always stated it the other way, percent of light blocked. Limo tint on my work van was 95%. But yeah, the slight difference from the rears to the front doors must be enough that I've never been harassed for them being too dark.

shitty, what tint is on there? I'm surprised you got a ticket, was it osp?

I bought it tinted my 350z is the only one I got ticketed in. When I get pulled in the Benz or Porsche most cops just say nice car, slow down. The windows are down in the second pic, I just really wanted to show off my black wheels

Edited by shittygsxr

I have gotten one ticket for tint in 8 year so I just paid the $$. Looking good comes at a cost, one that I am ok with paying.

e8636392c3212fb45171a099198c3d50.jpg

2491af21a9fa3185294f3baf8e254e8a.jpg

I need someone to black out some of the silver. A tone suggest a vinyl guy?

You need to wash your Audi Allroad... :lol: