How to ruin a track day before it starts.

Kmanlyst

That first one still puzzles me as to why it happened !

Too much throttle/not enough friction to hold the bike up.

Shit happens. Helped me realize I don't want to have to baby it again, both with new tires and the warm up lap each session.

I'd say the most fun turn to run off in at Putnam would be turn 5. Once you hit the grass, if you can hop the dip, you'll be just fine if you don't hit the fence. Don't ask how I know this.

Too much throttle/not enough friction to hold the bike up.

Shit happens. Helped me realize I don't want to have to baby it again, both with new tires and the warm up lap each session.

Cold tires can be a bitch, but don't blame the tires. They are a small reason for crashes. It's in the throttle hand and brain of the rider more than anything. Numerous people go out on cold tires and even those with a bit more ability can go fairly fast on cold tires. I personally hate when people blame cold tires as if you know they are cold, don't which it up as much or as quickly.

Easy to say and I have been in that spot numerous times where we forgot to turn the warmers on and roll out on fresh, cold tires and buddies are all going out or it is the last practice session, etc. In any case, to turn the brain to the "low" setting and ride around the tires can be tough. But, it CAN be done.

Seen guys go out on fresh slicks that hadn't had a touch of warmers placed on them and run just fine... Takes longer to heat them up and get to temps to run spirited, but taking time keeps you off your head...

Cold tires can be a bitch, but don't blame the tires. They are a small reason for crashes. It's in the throttle hand and brain of the rider more than anything. Numerous people go out on cold tires and even those with a bit more ability can go fairly fast on cold tires. I personally hate when people blame cold tires as if you know they are cold, don't which it up as much or as quickly.

Easy to say and I have been in that spot numerous times where we forgot to turn the warmers on and roll out on fresh, cold tires and buddies are all going out or it is the last practice session, etc. In any case, to turn the brain to the "low" setting and ride around the tires can be tough. But, it CAN be done.

Seen guys go out on fresh slicks that hadn't had a touch of warmers placed on them and run just fine... Takes longer to heat them up and get to temps to run spirited, but taking time keeps you off your head...

Not saying that it can't be done, hell I've done it many times while on the street. Brain was on the low setting, but not low enough setting. Planned on taking it easy in the turns and being aggressive when straight line accelerating and braking to get some heat into them; plan didn't work out so well when the tires didn't even get to touch the track.

I don't blame the tires, they have a set amount of traction at any given time and my demand from them was more friction than they could deliver.