With Every Up Theres A Down

Brownsfan1

As usual everytime I feel I'm getting ahead in life I get kicked back down. I got promoted at work at the beginning of this week:) and things were looking up. I have almost all of my vehicles paid off except for the spyder abd I was getting to the point where I was starting to put a good amount of money in savings. Now the down part, my wife just got laid off today.:( I'm fucking pissed!!:mad: I have been working so hard to get my family in the position that we are in where we are comfortably living. I can't seem to catch a break. I know that I am ranting, but I need to vent so I can cool off for a minute. Rant over.

• Upvote 1

dude must be layoff day... similar situation here too... just announced at work 2 weeks back that im going to a training program for management in florida in april.. so getting excited.. things were moving ahead.. then today the wife shows up at work crying because she to was let go after2.5 years as a AGM with her company... and were leaving on a trip tomorrow thats been payed for fort he last few months.. just cant f'ing win... im so sick of it.. always 1 step good two steps back and bad...

• Upvote 1

Dang guys, really sorry to hear all of that. I know with the cuts my employer announced, my wife and I have been discussing options if it were to happen already. Kinda a CYA sort of thinking. And I do know all about getting 1 step ahead to have 2 steps back, sucks.

Jason, at least she has a few days to just clear her mind and be around good friends etc.

• Upvote 1

As usual everytime I feel I'm getting ahead in life I get kicked back down. I got promoted at work at the beginning of this week:) and things were looking up. I have almost all of my vehicles paid off except for the spyder abd I was getting to the point where I was starting to put a good amount of money in savings. Now the down part, my wife just got laid off today.:( I'm fucking pissed!!:mad: I have been working so hard to get my family in the position that we are in where we are comfortably living. I can't seem to catch a break. I know that I am ranting, but I need to vent so I can cool off for a minute. Rant over.

Sorry for your luck, BUT be thankful that you've planned well, and aren't in debt up to your eyeballs. Be thankful that you've set that money aside and aren't living check to check. A rainy day fund (aka some savings) is a wonderful thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Geg6_-3jPzI

Edited by YSR_Racer_99
  • Upvote 1

dude must be layoff day... similar situation here too... just announced at work 2 weeks back that im going to a training program for management in florida in april.. so getting excited.. things were moving ahead.. then today the wife shows up at work crying because she to was let go after2.5 years as a AGM with her company... and were leaving on a trip tomorrow thats been payed for fort he last few months.. just cant f'ing win... im so sick of it.. always 1 step good two steps back and bad...

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. My wife left a job that she was at for 7 years for this job because they offered her more money and better benifits. She was at this office for 3 years. :nono:

Sorry for your luck, BUT be thankful that you've planned well, and aren't in debt up to your eyeballs. Be thankful that you've set that money aside and aren't living check to check. A rainy day fund (aka some savings) is a wonderful thing.

Yeah, I'm just pissed because everytime I get some money in the bank something stupid happens and it gets depleated.:nono:

Sorry to hear all the bad luck:(

Life happens though. Remember to be thankful for what you have.

I had a similar situation. Quite a while back, the wife and I both made good money. We also spent good money. One day I decided I needed a new full size truck. Bought a brand new Silverado. All was well, we could afford it, with both our checks. Next day, she gets fired for some BS reason. Couldn't even file for unemployment, because she had been fired. Tough finances for a little while. We got by. Then some major health issues in our family put everything into perspective. Once again we made it through. I like to think we are stronger for the trials we have endured.

Hang in there!

• Upvote 1

Sorry for the loss of work. Aerospace is kicking right now, we have been hiring at both plants one in Eastlake and one in Huber.

I will keep you all in my prayers.

Thanks. I think we will be alright its not the first time we have had a set back and it more than likely will not be the last. She is working on her resume this weekend.

• Upvote 1

Sorry to here about the layoffs. My company TQL is hiring and just to be clear I get no benefits for referrals. We are having another Open House today 10-1 where you can see the office, meet the office leaders and grab a snack or two. I truly enjoy working here. Head over to the job board I have a thread there.

• Upvote 1

Hang in there.....good things are to come your way! Stay positive about this. Trust me on this, my husband got laid off I believe 3 times within a 12 month period. Worst time ever for us financially, when he finally got called back to work after the last layoff he landed permanent position as a night supervisor. Hours suck but it is what it is and job is secured, atleast I hope it stays that way. Been a few years now.

• Upvote 1

My wife found out last week that she will be losing her job too. She took this job for more money 7 months ago. New boss didnt tell her that the business was already in trouble. She has other contacts in her field and may have another job lined up in July. Luckily she can still work another 2 months, maybe if the boss can float it long enough. Life is never perfect and sometimes challenging.

As much as they say things are improving, we just lost half of our engineering department on Tuesday plus twelve shop guys and then some additional people in our Michigan facility.

I guess we all realize life is full of hardships with patches of good times in between, its the next patch of "goodies" we all strive for and keep us going by giving us hope, "hope and dream" is every thing in life.

Sorry to hear all the bad luck:(

Life happens though. Remember to be thankful for what you have.

I had a similar situation. Quite a while back, the wife and I both made good money. We also spent good money. One day I decided I needed a new full size truck. Bought a brand new Silverado. All was well, we could afford it, with both our checks. Next day, she gets fired for some BS reason. Couldn't even file for unemployment, because she had been fired. Tough finances for a little while. We got by. Then some major health issues in our family put everything into perspective. Once again we made it through. I like to think we are stronger for the trials we have endured.

Hang in there!

I've never known anyone to not get unemployment when they got fired.

Sorry to hear of the misfortunes. I wish you all luck in finding the next gig.

Been there, several times.

As much as they say things are improving, we just lost half of our engineering department on Tuesday plus twelve shop guys and then some additional people in our Michigan facility.

What they don't tell you is that the jobs that are being created are low paying jobs with little or no benefits while the jobs that are going away are the better paying jobs with good benefits. Several local companies have laid off workers and/or offered early retirement to many employees then switched to temps (at a much lower pay rate)to fill the positions vacated by those leaving. One of the places I work for did that with their environmental services department and hired nothing but temp agency workers back at half the pay and no benefits...I have never seen such a high turnover rate in that department as they have now.

Edited by drew95gt

My wife found out last week that she will be losing her job too. She took this job for more money 7 months ago. New boss didnt tell her that the business was already in trouble. She has other contacts in her field and may have another job lined up in July. Luckily she can still work another 2 months, maybe if the boss can float it long enough. Life is never perfect and sometimes challenging.

Sorry to hear about your wife's job. I hope she gets that other job she has lined up. The stink of my wife's situation is that the office hired two very inexperianced girls in her department for less money. They had her train them, once they were trained they laid my wife off.

What they don't tell you is that the jobs that are being created are low paying jobs with little or no benefits while the jobs that are going away are the better paying jobs with good benefits. Several local companies have laid off workers and/or offered early retirement to many employees then switched to temps (at a much lower pay rate)to fill the positions vacated by those leaving. One of the places I work for did that with their environmental services department and hired nothing but temp agency workers back at half the pay and no benefits...I have never seen such a high turnover rate in that department as they have now.

This is a growing trend many of our local companies are doing this too.:nono: